Tuesday, October 1, 2019

To Blog again?



Hello friends!
It's been a long while since I've posted anything on here but some Friday Friend Cookbook challenge posts.
I'm not sure why I stopped blogging, but I think I want to begin again--even tho, blogs are so yesterday.  Is that a fair statement?  kind? generous?  I mean, you're all bloggers here!
I don't mean to insult anyone--I want to join the community again! 
It's just that all the kids say blogs are so yesterday!
huh. What do they know?

Here is my problem.
Books or Food or Just Life.
I've never known where I fit in, in the blogging world.
So I guess I'll just be me and do it all.
I should just take the plunge, right?

Today, it'll be books...
What I'm looking forward to reading in October and my favorite book related moment in September!

I'm looking forward to some atmospheric books this fall.
I'm not a fan of horror (except for Stephen King) but I do like a little bit of spookiness/creepiness.




The Great Believers by Rebecca Makkai
(okay this is not spooky or creepy, I just want to read it)

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
I figured I better get on the bandwagon--everyone else has passed me by!

The Spellbook of Katrina Van Tassel
A Story of Sleepy Hollow by Alyssa Palombo
I've always loved the story of The Headless Horseman by Washington Irving, so I hope this lives up somehow.

The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe
People magazine said it's  "Spooky"
Enough for me.

The Distant Hours by Kate Morton
I don't think this is traditionally spooky, but there is an old castle and the story of the Mud Man who creeps out of the mote and climbs the castle, all in the first chapter!


So the Distant Hours  it is!
I've started this and I think it will be good.
In fact, I think I'll go snuggle up with a cup of cinnamon tea and this book, right now.
I'll leave my favorite September book moment until next time.




3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Yay, it's good to see you on here again! I say write about whatever strikes your fancy.

JoAnn said...

Yes, blogs seem to be 'yesterday', but so am I! Books, food, life... How about all three? We're in the process of moving now, but I'll be back soon with all three, too! Glad to see this post :)

Katherine P said...

Good to see you! Blogs may be yesterday but I'm okay with that. I read The Distant Hours and enjoyed it but it wasn't my favorite Kate Morton. I say blog whatever interests you. Some of my favorite blogs post a lot of different things. I like the variety.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...