Tuesday, October 15, 2019

My Monday


It is Tuesday--but it's my Monday at work, because we just got back into town yesterday from being 'up north' in Washington State.  The Handyman's mom is not doing too well, so we ran up there for a few days to visit and help where we could. (which isn't very much when you live far away)

These are the good things...

1.  Got to see our niece and her family.  And her weird collection of pets  ( she's a vet-tech, so she has had her share of weird ones...)

The Hissing cockroaches and the hairless cat.
I realize that some people are just squeamish---SOME people.
But I didn't realize I had a bunch of weeny friends. a BUNCH of them.  Okay, MOST of them.  Exactly ALL of them.
All the comments were 'nope' 'no way' 'not me' 'ewwwww'

Weird.


The ugly hairless cat does not know it's ugly---so it acts all cute like and rubs up against us.
It looks like a bat.
But---you gotta admire any cat that goes potty in the toilet--and he does



2.  Got to meet our first great-grandchild, Grayson, who is adorable and oh-so snuggly!


Rich (on the right) with his grandson, Jorell and his great-grandson Grayson.


I told you---he's snuggly!


Grandkids, Great Grandpa, baby, Great Uncle and Great Great Grandma! 




3.  Got to watch some Seattle Seahawks football  (we never get Seattle down here in Nevada) with my brother and sister-in-law.  They invited us to do the Alzheimer's Walk (in honor of our mom)  in the afternoon, but we weren't able to do that.  Next year!




4.  Got to have Spudnuts!  




5.  I read a quick romance on the way to Washington---but nothing while I was up there. I had planned to finish my Kate Morten Book, The Distant Hours, and get a lot more into my slow and steady read, Glamorous Powers by Susan Howatch, but I just didn't have the time.  Anyway--if you like romance, this is pretty good.   It's a road trip romance--like when Harry Met Sally, kind of, but they are together at the end of the week long trip across the country.  And it ends at Thanksgiving!




Even tho it was bittersweet in a way--it's always good to see family and do a bit of reconnecting.

Sisters


A couple of my sisters-in-law and me.



Now... back to work!

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I'm with all your other weenie friends when it comes to that hissing cockroach. One of our son's closest friend is a vet tech and he doesn't have any weird pets.

Visiting family is the best. Sadly, we don't get to do it that often.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...