Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tuesdays With Dorrie



Tuesdays with Dorrie....Dimply Plum Cake.


Not a big fan.


It was a simple cake to make, and it was "good"... better than I thought but at the same time, not so great. Go figure.


I, of course, didn't have cardamom, so I left out a spice. I was going to use cinnamon, but I forgot it. My plums were too big, I used lemon zest instead of orange zest.
It was good, I just wouldn't have ever made it. I guess that's what's good about the challenge.... expanding my horizons.


And...once again, I made it in under the gun.

7 comments:

Jules Someone said...

I think for me, this is a good last minute "I need a coffee cake" kind of recipe. Smaller fruit would be better.

Engineer Baker said...

I'm sorry you weren't the biggest fan, but hopefully creme brulee is more to your liking.

Cathy said...

I didn't love this one either. It got so many rave reviews though that I might try again with different or better fruit (I knew going in that my plums were iffy at best). Oh well, that's the beauty of TWD -- there's always next week!

Pamela said...

You're right, it's part of the challenge to do it. Glad you gave it a shot. I was sure we would hate it, but we at the whole thing! You never know, right?

Prudy said...

It looks good even if it wasn't your fave. Moving on to next week, right!

Bungalow Barbara said...

We weren't that crazy about it either. Oh well, better luck next week!

sj said...

I made this myself a few weeks ago after seeing it on someone's blog and it was just so pretty... I changed things up some though. I used the yummy Pennsylvania peaches (have loads) instead of plums and I added basil instead of cardamom. It was good... not stellar, but good. I wouldn't rush to make it again though, I must say. Yours was pretty! :)

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...