Thursday, August 2, 2012

Bel Canto Read Along

As with most bookaholics  (what better word is there?), bookworms, and avid readers, I collect books.  I gather them quickly and often, so that sometimes I have a HUGE  TBR pile.   My TBR pile right now is in the excess of 30+ books.  I want to read them, I mean to read them, but it seems like as soon as I purchase  books to read,  20 new books are out that I want to read also.
What's a bookworm to do?
STOCKPILE!  That's what. 

Then sometimes you get a sign!  A sign that the universe is working with you, a sign that tells you, it's time to dust off that book you've had quite a while and READ IT.

This has happened to me.  I was looking at Sheila's blog  (Book Journey) and she is having a Bel Canto read-along, so I signed up.
Didn't even think 2x about it.  I just signed up.   And then went upstairs to my 'library' room and dusted the book off. 

I'm taking the Bel Canto leap with Sheila!
For all the details you can go to Sheila's blog--(or click the link right there) and she has a link/picture on her sidebar which will take you directly to the sign up page, complete with every detail you might want to know about.

I know that I have a good six weeks to read the book.   She is hosting the read along between August 1st and September 13th.
I don't know if this is good or bad, because I'm such a procrastinator, that I might be up all night on September 12th!  But--I'm quite excited about it.

Go check everything out and sign up if you want---then I'll  meet you at Sheila's on the 13 of September and we can talk about it.
Hurry up now!




3 comments:

sadie607 said...

I've been wanting to read this book. I read Run by Ann Patchett for my book club a couple months ago and really liked it.

bermudaonion said...

This is off topic, but I came by to wish you a happy birthday! I hope it's a good one!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I am excited that you are on board... we are going to have out own Bel Canto party... it will be fab!!!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...