Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Cookbook Countdown #74 -- Crab Pasta Salad and Cookbook Wednesday



Welcome!

Cookbook Countdown #74
 --  In my own personal Cookbook Countdown!
A very slow countdown it is -- 


If you want to see All of my 74 cookbooks, just click on this link.

It was  pretty, sunny day in the middle of February and I was chopping vegetables for this seafood pasta salad and this just looked....inviting...to me.
It's the little things in life....

This is my  74th cookbook!
Recipes and Memories
"A Taste of  Yesterday for Today"
the Romeo Monday Club


A few years ago -- 10 or so --  there was a cooking magazine called Hometown Cooking.
It might have  been published by Better Homes and Gardens
(I don't really have time to look into it--sorry) but it is not being published anymore, or at least not in the format I had subscribed to it when it first came out.
The magazine featured cookbooks from different clubs, organizations, churches, around the country and then gave information on how to order that cookbook. 
I ended up ordering a couple of them... and this is one of them!
And I decided to make this Crab Pasta Salad and some cookies 
(you can see how many sticky notes I have in this cookbook  that I want to try! )
  and invite my friends to come for lunch.




I have no pictures of my friends but I do have a picture of my granddaughter, Emerson, who joined  us for crab salad.
Although hers, I had to heat up in the microwave.  The thought of cold noodles didn't appeal to her. 
Neither did having her picture taken.
(she is wearing stuff from the dress up box.   The felt hat was mine when I was a little girl.  I must have been stylin' as you can tell )


Back to my Crab Pasta Salad
YUM!!
Yum!
YUM!

This cookbook did not disappoint!  It's definitely a keeper, but then, I guess if you are featured in a Better Homes and Gardens publication, it's a given.

It was the perfect  lunch to serve for friends.
Pasta salad
fruit
rolls


Seafood Pasta Salad

1/2 cup salad dressing (I used miracle whip)
1/4 cup zesty Italian dressing
 2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups cooked corkscrew noodles
1 1/2 cups imitation crab-meat
1 cup broccoli flowerettes, partially cooked
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup chopped tomato
1/4 cup green onion slices

Combine salad dressings and set aside. Cook noodles until desired consistency and run under cold water.  When cool combine with crab-meat, broccoli, green pepper, tomatoes and green onions. 
Mix with dressing and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.



The second thing I made from this cookbook, were these cookies titled:
BEST EVER COOKIES.

I just had to try the best EVER cookies.

And they were good.
A sugar cookies.
Great with coffee or milk.
And a book, of course.

 I must confess --- and this might creep some people out--- I eat a bit of raw cookie dough myself and this is one of the best cookie doughs ever!
Who doesn't eat unbaked cookie dough? right?
Seriously?   There are those of you out there who don't?
Never mind then.



Best Ever Cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup oil
3/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 cup powdered sugar
5 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp soda
1 tsp cream of tarter
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp almond extract

Mix ingredients together, roll dough into 1/2 to 3/4 inch balls. Place on a greased cookie sheet. Flatten each ball with the bottom of a glass that has been greased and dipped in sugar.
Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes.




I am happy to join Louise over at Months of Incredible Celebrations today and  link up with


She does such a great job of  keeping us informed of what's happenin' in the food world.
Food History world.
I love, Love, LOVE her nostalgic look back at food trends, food preparations and recipes.


This is from Louise herself:


For those of you who are new to Cookbook Wednesday, the “rules” are simple. Prepare a cookbook post on your blog or site and link it up (at this website). The linky is self explanatory but if you need assistance, just give me a yell. It would be nice if you include the Cookbook Wednesday Logo on your blog and link back to Months of Edible Celebrations but, it isn’t necessary. If you run out of cookbooks to share or just want to change it up a bit, cooking magazines, cookbook reviews and most anything cooking related is fine. We LOVE cookbooks no matter how they are texted. Thank you all again for joining in on the Cookbook Wednesday fun. Be sure and visit the cookbooks linked. Not only will you discover new cookbooks, you will encourage others to share:) Louise:)

She is kind and helpful and nice if you need help linking up or anything.
I think you should!  Link  up that is.
It's fun!

No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...