Monday, March 23, 2015

Pet Sematary


from Goodreads:
The Creeds have just moved to a new house in the countryside. Their house is perfect, except for two things: the semi trailers that roar past on the narrow road, and the mysterious cemetery in the woods behind the house. The Creed's neighbors are reluctant to talk about the cemetery, and for good reason too.

from Me:
 3 stars.
It was a great, creepy Stephen King book,  the problem for me was, that I  had listened for years to everyone saying how it was his creepiest.
All that talk took some of the creepiness out.
It's still pretty creepy and if you like SK, then don't read this one while you are waiting for a pedicure, or in the dentist's office.
Be home, at night, alone, in a chair, no TV, no radio, no interruptions. Then it will be perfect.
Stephen King is the master of foreboding! 
And I love his descriptions and his character development.


I have to share this photo with you --



For some reason a few months ago (last summer) I started taking a picture of  my morning coffee cup along side the book I am currently reading, and posting it on Instagram.
This morning the  cat jumped up on the table, so I just snapped it.
Ironic, don't you think?  
Pet cat, Pet Sematary?


I was also reading Pet Sematary as part of a read-a-long



Some of the other's in the read-along-have already posted and after reading
Care's post,  I have questions too!

She asked these questions (among others) (and there might be a spoiler here):

WHAT the heck happened to the family who lived in the house before the Creeds????????!?!??!??!?!
Why the heck did kids maintain the path to the Pet Sematary – the FAKE one? who cares, WHY.  WHY!?!?!?!
WHO did not protest any kids on their property maintaining said path?  WHA?
What was wrong with these people of Ludlow that they would humor kids to bury their pets on someone else’s property?

These things are a puzzle to me too!!
Especially why anyone would let those kids on their property!!?

I've been wanting to read this one  (and Salem's Lot)  (And Christene) for a long time, (hint hint Somewhere in a Book or whoever schedules SK read-alongs)
So, Thanks for pushing me along!

My favorite SK Book?
The Stand.




1 comment:

jilllora said...

Ooh, Christine. I haven't read that one yet. I'll have to add it to the list. Under the Dome is my favorite because of the characters, but The Stand is pretty high up on the list. We read that one together a few years ago and all got freaked out when we sneezed or sniffled. There's nothing like a Stephen King book to make you paranoid! (Now that I think about it, I think The Stand was my intro to King...and our first King readalong. It's all Trish's fault...she started us on this road to madness! ;-))

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...