Monday, March 30, 2015

It's Monday (what are you Reading)


It's Monday, what are you reading is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.
Stop by and check out what everyone is reading now!

This week I finished Storm Front by Jim Butcher.



from Goodreads:
 Investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates. No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment. Harry Dresden is the best at what he does. Well, technically, he’s the only at what he does. So when the Chicago P.D. has a case that transcends mortal creativity or capability, they come to him for answers. For the “everyday” world is actually full of strange and magical things — and most of them don’t play well with humans. That’s where Harry comes in. Takes a wizard to catch a — well, whatever. There’s just one problem. Business, to put it mildly, stinks. So when the police bring him in to consult on a grisly double murder committed with black magic, Harry’s seeing dollar signs. But where there’s black magic, there’s a black mage behind it. And now that mage knows Harry’s name. And that’s when things start to get… interesting. Magic. It can get a guy killed.

from me:
I first read this book in 2008 -- it's the first in a series of books called "The Dresden Files".
I wrote:
a good book, with a great detective. Even if he is a wizard, or because of it. You'll fall in love with him.
I gave it 4 stars.

After picking up this audio version on sale,  I am still going to give it 4 stars!
It's just a fun book.  It makes me smile, and  yes, still a little bit in love with Harry. 


***************
We took a long car trip this past week.
8 hours up and then
8 hours back.
I read out loud to the Handyman.
Laugh if you will, but I did.
I read this  (or part of this) 



OUT LOUD!!
Non-fiction.  It's very interesting, but reading that long and 'serious' made my throat hurt.

And now I have a dilemna.
How do I finish it with the Handyman.
Do I follow him around reading to him as he's walking around the house?
Changing his clothes?
Shaving?

I'm not sure what to do!!
 Stay tuned to find out.

and I just began listening to this one...  



It's gotten some good reviews.
Here's to a good reading week!!

**********************************************




This Week's  Musing Monday question is:

How old were you when you realized that you are an AVID reader?

I just think I always knew.
ALWAYS.
I would spend hours and hours and pour over the Scholastic book order forms in elementary school.  Luckily my parents thought it was money well spent and I was able to get lots of books.
I spent many a long afternoon lying on my bed reading when I was  younger.
I think there were only a couple of years in high school, where I wasn't an 'avid' reader -- too busy being social at that time.
But, for most of my life, I've just known I was.

Musing Monday is hosted by  
A Daily Rhythm
(previously -- Should Be Reading) 

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I've stayed away from The Dresden Files because I don't think I'd like the wizard aspect.

Diane Chamberlain came here last year and I missed her but I did buy an autographed copy of The Silent Sister. Have I read it yet? Of course not! lol

Susan Lindquist said...

Dead Wake - The Last Crossing of the Lusitania by Erik Larsen ... killer read!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...