Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Girl With All the Gifts

From Goodreads:
 
Melanie is a very special girl. Dr. Caldwell calls her "our little genius."
 
Every morning, Melanie waits in her cell to be collected for class. When they come for her, Sergeant Parks keeps his gun pointing at her while two of his people strap her into the wheelchair. She thinks they don't like her. She jokes that she won't bite, but they don't laugh.
 
Melanie loves school. She loves learning about spelling and sums and the world outside the classroom and the children's cells. She tells her favorite teacher all the things she'll do when she grows up. Melanie doesn't know why this makes Miss Justineau look sad.

From Me:
4 stars from me.
A dystopian suspense novel--- that's how I would describe it.  With Zombies.
You might think the zombie theme has been over done, but this has a very unique take on it.  I really liked how the author did that.
I was hooked from the very beginning. 
Great character development and a story with a moral dilemma--about Zombies?  Yes!
I would compare it to "The Passage" but with a softer, kinder, plot.
But not really, as the author does not hold back on zombiness horror.  You'll just have to read it.
I recommend it to those who like dystopian and zombies.  And even those of you who don't.

1 comment:

Ti said...

I saw this one around when it first came out but had NO idea there were zombies! Now, I am totally on board with it!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...