I'm in again!
I have come to love a great story told to me by a good narrator.
It was fun last year and I do love a good audiobook, so....
Back by popular demand, Audiobook Challenge is back for 2016! Join The Book Nympho and Hot Listens for the 4th year of great audiobooks.
Audiobooks are great for those times you want to read but can’t for some reason like driving, doing chores, working out, or if you’re one of the lucky ones like me, listen to them at work.
Here are the guidelines and challenge levels:
reading challenge details:
- Runs January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2016 than you did in 2015.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button (on the sidebar) and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30-50
- Marathoner (Look Ma no hands) 50+
Last year I signed up for the Stenographer level, but I ended up listening/reading 40 audiobooks. I guess I'll bump myself up to Binge Listener. I know what you're thinking--I should be doing the "My Precious" level---but I am playing it cautious. I think last year was a banner year for audio, but who knows, perhaps I'll end up being a Marathoner!
Check out the sign up post here for more info.