Thursday, August 28, 2008

At last


FINALLY!!!!
The BBQ'd Chicken pizza recipe from Barbara Brown of Buckeye, Arizona!!! (yay!!!!)

Barb is my friend. She was my husband's friend first (they worked for the same company ) and sometimes I think he is jealous of our friendship.
He'll survive. :~)

Barb is one of the original Friday Friends, which was a "forum" (yes that's it!! I've been trying to think of the right word), a forum of my friends who live far and wide from CA to PA. This forum shares cooking, living, loving and laughing....across the miles.YES, I was a woman before my time...before blogging. LOL

Just get to it, you say, give us the recipe!! Okay, already.
Barb is a great cook, so I've got quite a few of her recipes. In fact, Barb was the editor of the Friday Friend cookbook-- Don't get your hopes up, there are only two copies in the whole world....in Barb's kitchen and mine. I asked for recipes from these Friday Friends far and wide, they sent, I forwarded, Barb copied and pasted and printed, a cook book.
This recipe is from that cookbook. In the Chicken chapter.
I made it for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and it was really a simple, pretty fast meal. (not to mention good)

Hint to my college kids in Connecticut: simple and fast and good. 3 things you look for.


Barbecued Chicken Pizza

1 lb. boned/skinned chicken breasts (you could actually even pick up a deli-roasted chicken and pull off what you need--slice the rest for sandwiches)
1/4 cup of your favorite bbq sauce
salt/pepper
8-10 slices of bacon, cut in to 1 inch pieces
2 ten inch baked pizza crusts (like Boboli) (I stacked everything on one pizza crust, BUT you can do as you want.
8 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup diced chilies
shredded jack cheese
1/ 2 tsp. hot chili flakes

Tear the cooked chicken into bite sized chunks. Mix with bbq sauce. Cook bacon. Spread each pizza crust with 4oz cream cheese. Spoon chicken in sauce evenly over crusts. Top with the rest of ingredients.
Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Cut and serve.

Now for the pictures!

the stuff you need: everything good, bacon and chicken and cream cheese!!! and more cheese and bbq sauce and seasonings.



now this is funny....I've always said that most of you bloggers are much better photographers than I ( and I admit I am jealous--it eats at me), but this pic of the pizza before going in the oven is just odd. It looks like an english muffin pizza!!!
LOL And it was, truthfully a 10-inch pizza.. A Boboli pizza crust. Every picture I took of it with the toppings came out looking like a english muffin, 2-inch pizza!


Oh well....


and again...the finished product:






Thank you Barbara Brown! (pictured with some silly person who looks like me, giving bunny ears. WHY? we are old enough to act our age...which is way too old to give bunny ears. Or not. It's interesting--to me---that she gave me this recipe on the weekend this picture was taken, 3 years ago. They popped in and surprised us with a visit on their way up and down the Pacific Coast. This was during our county fair, where we had horse races and I was obligated to sell/ or take bets. Barb, ever one to help out, was in the paramutal booth with me. )
We did not have the BBQ Chicken pizza that night... In fact, the first time I made it....3 years later, SHAME ON ME, was just a couple of weeks ago. I didn't know what I was missing!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We would like to feature your bbq pizza on our blog. Please email sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if interested. Thanks :)

You can view our blog here:
blog.keyingredient.com/

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...