Thursday, November 13, 2014

Friday Friend Recipe #33 -- Pineapple-Jello-Cottage Salad


Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.

What is the Friday Friend cookbook:   I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends (from all over the county).  At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 15 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions,  exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts,  had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.

AND,  we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
Which brings me to this... recipe #33

Barbara's
Pineapple-Jello-Cottage Salad



If you think taking a photo of a salad is hard, taking a photo of a jello salad is quadruple tough!!
It's just hard to make Jello salads look picture perfect.
I suppose if I were a gifted photographer, like some bloggers, I could do it.
But, for my Friday Friends and the 3 other people who read this, it'll do.

Who doesn't love Jello tho?
Oh... The Handyman, that's who!
Especially with stuff in it.  He will eat it plain.
He is going to struggle when I make the handful of jello-type salads in the FF Cookbook.
And make them I must do IF my goal is to make them all.

Barb's jello is good.

I feel as if I should have used green jello.  It said to use any flavor.  I just wonder what flavor Barb uses?





Pineapple-Jello-Cottage Salad
Barbara Brown
Buckeye, AZ

1 pkg jello--any flavor
1 cup hot water
1 cup crushed pineapple
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup evaporated milk

Dissolve Jello in hot water.  Mix mayo with fruit and cottage cheese, add jello. Add milk and stir.
Put in a serving bowl and chill till set in refrigerator.




Since Barb is the typist and publisher of the FF cookbook,
there are tons of recipes in  there from her.
I don't think I can think of tons of stories about her.

She has a beautiful daughter!
And that's not a story---it's true!








2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'm with the Handyman when it comes to Jello but I won't even eat it plain.

Laura. said...

I genuinely want to try this out! Lovely pics.

www.internetlyaddicted.blogspot.co.uk

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...