Friday, November 14, 2014

Friday Friend Recipe #34 -- Seafood Pizza



Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.

What is the Friday Friend cookbook:   I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends (from all over the county).  At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 15 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions,  exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts,  had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.

AND,  we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
Which brings me to this... recipe #34

Mitzi's
Seafood Pizza



This will be the first time I have ever said  "depth of flavor".
Why am I saying it, you might be asking?
Because, I've made something just like this which I call "shrimp dip"  that we all loved, desired and wanted more than any other appetizer ever....
...until I made this one!

The one I make just has cream cheese,cocktail sauce and shrimp.
This one---this one, ahhh, this one has a real 'depth' of flavor.
You flavor the cream cheese with some lemon juice, onion and Worcestershire sauce.
It makes all the difference in the world!   And also you can see by the photos, you add a bit more toppings, which are a bonus too.


Seafood Pizza
Mitzi Storm
St. Charles, MN

12 oz cream cheese
1 T lemon juice
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 small onion--grated
1/2 bottle cocktail sauce
1 can tiny shrimp
12 black olives --chopped or sliced
1/2 cup grated mozzarella
1/2 cup grated cheddar 


Mix cream cheese w/worcestershire and lemon juice; blend in onion. Spread on a 12-inch plate.  Pour cocktail sauce over, then add shrimp.  Next add olives, then grated cheese.  Chill til ready to serve with chips or crackers.


And now,  I will introduce you to Mitzi!  A new Friday Friend!  NOT new to me, but this is recipe #34 and this is  the first one I've done of  her's.  
Weird, because she is a GREAT cook.    I probably didn't nag her enough to send in very many.
My bad.

(okay, that just sounds weird to me... I don't do slang /trendy talk well)

Anyway...
MITZI!

She is a Bird Nerd.
She is like the nerdiest bird nerd I know.
Nerdy = smart.
She is the teacher's pet of bird tours, as she knows all the answers!
She would say that's not true, but I think  she knows everything there is to about birds.
So, we go on a birding weekend every spring.
And sometimes we see other things.
Such as Llamas.
Or snakes.
And when we see snakes, we have to stop the bus and let Mitzi and the tour guide  get out and see the snake up close.
Everyone else stayed on the bus.
Except for me, who got out to take pictures of Mitzi, getting up close to the snake.
(her photo of the snake was much cooler than mine--as you can imagine )






2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

She is a brave, brave woman.

Megan Anderson said...

Oh wow! That seafood pizza sure looks delicious. I love the mix of ingredients with the shrimp and all. I'm definitely trying that out tomorrow. Hahaha! Anyway, Mitzi is just amazing. I wouldn't have done what she did, probably because I have fear of snakes. Hahaha! Thank you so much for sharing everything! Happy eating!

Megan Anderson @ Cafe Fina

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...