Saturday, May 14, 2016

Bird Box by Josh Malerman

From Goodreads:
Something is out there, something terrifying that must not be seen. One glimpse of it, and a person is driven to deadly violence. No one knows what it is or where it came from.

Five years after it began, a handful of scattered survivors remains, including Malorie and her two young children. Living in an abandoned house near the river, she has dreamed of fleeing to a place where they might be safe. Now that the boy and girl are four, it's time to go, but the journey ahead will be terrifying: twenty miles downriver in a rowboat--blindfolded--with nothing to rely on but her wits and the children’s trained ears. One wrong choice and they will die. Something is following them all the while, but is it man, animal, or monster?

Interweaving past and present,
Bird Box is a snapshot of a world unraveled that will have you racing to the final page.

From Me:
Oh my gosh!  OMG!  OMG!
I really, really enjoyed this book.

As you know, I don't consider myself a book 'reviewer', but just a reader (takes lots of pressure off of myself that way), and as just a reader I feel comfortable saying what another reviewer said:

WHAT. THE. HELL.
(from Christy at Love of Books)

But she's so right!
I listened to this on audio--narrated by Cassandra Campbell,  who is excellent!
It's a little bit sci-fi, a little bit dystopian, a little bit mystery, a little bit spooky,  a lot amazing!

4.5 stars!

1 comment:

Literary Feline said...

Heading over to Audible to download this one right now. It sounds like a must read!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...