Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Lady Killer and Ms. Marvel

Am I too old for this??
(comics that is)
 
Seriously, that is my question.  But I only ask myself.  (not you--I don't want to be judged for being an old lady reading comics--I wonder what I'll write to describe myself when I really get old--ancient?)
 
Do I really care if I should be too old  for this stuff  (  THIS stuff)? 
No, not really. 
Because I really had a fun time reading these two  comics.
 
 
From Goodreads:
Josie Schuller is a picture-perfect homemaker, wife, and mother—but she’s also a ruthless, efficient killer for hire! A brand-new original comedy series that combines the wholesome imagery of early 1960s domestic bliss with a tightening web of murder, paranoia, and cold-blooded survival.
 
From Me:
Now this one is just funny!  I love Josie.  I love the graphics.
This is pretty dark, but funny just the same.
 

From Goodreads:
Kamala Khan is an ordinary girl from Jersey City — until she's suddenly empowered with extraordinary gifts. But who truly is the new Ms. Marvel? Teenager? Muslim? Inhuman? Find out as she takes the Marvel Universe by storm! When Kamala discovers the dangers of her newfound powers, she unlocks a secret behind them, as well. Is Kamala ready to wield these immense new gifts? Or will the weight of the legacy before her be too much to bear? Kamala has no idea, either. But she's comin' for you, Jersey!
 
 
From Me:
Ms. Marvel---I loved how her teenage angst was an integral part of the story.  Her teenage ups and downs and insecurity and parent issues AND how she has to deal with being a Muslim in country which is suspicious of those religious  and cultural ideals.
I liked the diversity and I like seeing how her confidence grows and I like her friends.
*******
 
 
The only thing I do care about-is that I spent $16 for 20 minutes of pleasure.
(That sentence  sounds really weird to me, but you get it, right? It's because I live in Nevada, where you really can spend money for pleasure ~smiles~)
 
They were really good, but it's pricey when you read fast.
Any ideas on how to do this cheaper,  you graphic book readers out there?
 
I don't regret it (too much) tho, as I really enjoyed the books and I know I will continue reading these two series.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Literary Feline said...

Does your library carry graphic novels? I think mine does, although I haven't looked to closely to see if they cover the ones I would want to read. Like these two. They sound like so much fun! Now I want to read them. :-)

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...