Friday, September 23, 2016

Book Blogger Hop


Book Blogger Hop is hosted each week by

This week's question is:

How many years have you been blogging? Anything special you want to tell everyone about your experiences?

I have been blogging since  2007.  9 years.
I started out blogging questions and answers to my friends, but they didn't really 'get' what a blog was at the time, so I switched over to food blogging.
It's a wonderful world of food bloggers out there---but I was not original, I just like to cook.  Then I had a book blog, then a big backyard blog, etc.
It was a lot of work, so I decided to just have my own blog and talk about whatever I wanted to, which is mostly books.  Then food.  Then random stuff.

I've met two blogging friends in person, become pen-pals with a couple others.
Those would be special experiences for me.

The blogging community is a very nice and supportive group of people.
At least the book nerds, foodies are.
It's special.

5 comments:

Kailana said...

Blogging is a lot of fun. Especially getting to meet the fellow bloggers in person. :)

Tina said...

I started in December of 2007. What got me going was a genealogy project I was working on with cousins located in Massachusetts and Pennsylvania. Rather than us exchange lots of emails I started writing biographies and census reports on the blog so everyone could see what we had and what we needed.

They all pitched in. Then I realized I enjoyed writing about food and books....so here I am with two blogs.

Elizabeth said...

Nice answer.

Book Bloggers are the BEST. Foodies are too.

I have only had a book blog since 2010.

ENJOY your weekend.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Elza Reads said...

Book Bloggers are the best by far! Happy weekend and that recipe looks delicious..... Here's my Friday Meets: http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2016/09/friday-meets-23-september-2016.html

Literary Feline said...

We are a great group, aren't we? Not that I'm biased or anything. :-) Nine years is definitely worth celebrating. That's great, Debbie.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...