Sunday, January 14, 2018

Friday Friend Recipe #176 and #177 -- Tortilla Pinwheels and Mini Chili Rellenos




Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.


What is the Friday Friend cookbook: I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends (from all over the county). At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 18 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions, exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts, had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.
AND, we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
I was looking at the cookbook the other night and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman--who knows me better than I know myself (this happened to be a question on the Friday Friend forum once---does your spouse/partner know you better than you know yourself?)--said,  "you'll never, EVER do that."

WELL---maybe I'll show him!  Maybe I will.

Which brings me to this... recipes #176 and 177

Barb's Mini Chili Rellenos and Tortilla Pinwheels







I sometimes find it hard to know what to say about the food I make (and this is why I'm not a food writer), but if you are in need of a new or different appetizer to make, you should give these a try--they are really good!

















These are Barb's recipes.  And here is Barb in a sweater.




I have no words for what happened next.  I really don't.
There might have been gin and tonic involved.



Okay, so I think what happened is that Doug's mom made this sweater/cardigan and gave it to him for Christmas.  As he readily admits, it just wasn't 'right' for him. 
I still have no idea what the rest of us were doing tho!
I can guarantee you that their daughter Kim and our son Mark were glad they were not there....cuz everybody plays at the Brown's!









This is recipe #176 and #177--only 117 left to go!


2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I have that same tortilla pinwheel recipe!

Love the sweater story and pictures!

Angela said...

Both recipes look delicious. And the sweater pictures are hilarious!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...