Wednesday, January 3, 2018

My Favorite...




Look what I just found!



A new (to me) weekly meme!

 My Favorite.. is a weekly meme hosted by Maureen’s Books. In this meme we share every week something we love with each other. Because let’s face it.. The world can be a dark place and it’s time to share something positive. For more info: My Favorite Meme.

This week's question/subject is....
.... BOOK I READ IN 2017

I have not joined in any other favorite book of the year meme, not on Instagram/bookstagram, Twitter, Facebook, none of them!  I was feeling kind of left out!  I love a good meme, so I was intrigued when I found this one, and Maureen is right, it's nice to share happy thoughts and things.
I took a look at my Goodreads account and last year I read 116 books -- out of those I gave 7 of them 5star ratings.
It's a very assorted mix of books that I LOVED last  year.  Apparently I am diverse in what I like. I consider this a positive thing 😊

These were my Five* Ratings
Some were emotional decisions--okay, let's face it; they all were. I am not a book reviewer, I cannot be unattached emotionally, so these were all reads I loved at the time.  Made me cry, made me laugh, made my heart beat faster and made me mad!
All of them are not for everyone, one is the last of a favorite series, one a historical romance, one a food memoir, and the others just great stories!










If I had to pick just one?
A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles!!
It was just an historical period piece about a gentle man making a life for himself, confined to house arrest while the world carried on outside.
I loved it.




7 comments:

Maureen's Books said...

Thank you so much for joining. It's lots of fun ;)
Your five star ratings look very interesting. I haven't read any yet, but I'm definitely intrigued. 'A Gentleman In Moscow' especially sounds interesting.
My favorite one is 'A Court of Thorns and Roses' by Sarah J. Maas.
Thanks for signing up and sharing your favorite. I hope you'll join again. ;)

bermudaonion said...

I've read 2 of those books and loved both of them. I need to read Bear Town soon.

Stefanie said...

I sent you a friend request on GR. I moved up that Sarah McLean series for this year. Glad you had some outstanding reads in 2017.

Jackie said...

I'm glad you enjoyed these books and your favourite sounds nice. I've only heard good things about The Hate U Give. My favourite book I read is Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare.

carol said...

I haven't read any of those, but I may have to add A Gentleman in Moscow to my list for this year.

EFC Chrissy said...

Great list! I want to read Bear Town.

Katherine P said...

I read a Sarah MacLean in 2017 and absolutely loved it. I'm really hoping to read more from her this year. Margaret Maron used to be an auto-read author for me but I've gotten really behind on her series. Thanks for reminding me about her so I can catch back up! A Gentleman in Moscow was a book I really wanted to read last year but never got around to it. I'm hoping to get to it this year. Great list!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...