Monday, February 10, 2014

It's Monday! What are you reading?











































It's Monday and that means time to join up with Sheila over at Book Journey to let everyone know what we've been reading.
First I have to say---don't you just love the above photo?  I do!
It's me.  I like to read books,  I like to drink coke from a bottle.  

I finished up two book last week....my little humble opinion  on these two books is below.

This week I am planning on finishing:
Orphan Train
and starting 
The Monuments Men

What are YOU reading?



































Someone Else's Love Story by Joshilyn Jackson







My rating: 3 of 5 stars

While I liked this book very much, there seemed to be an awful lot going on in a short amount of time  (300 pages). Lots of stories inside one big story.
It was a fun, quick read, with a twist for me at the end, but sometimes the transitions in the book's story-lines seemed a bit too....too.... abrupt.  The story kept me going tho, as it was a good one.
Overall, I would say lovers of Joshilyn Jackson will love this book, and I would recommend it too.  Great for an enjoyable weekend.


View all my reviews





Calling me Home by Julie Kibler
My rating:  4 of 5 stars


Had my Kleenex on hand, because I had been warned. I still find it so hard to understand the cruelty of people. This book takes you back to another time, and another place, sets you right smack dab in the 'emotional' middle of a love story. A forbidden love story, between a white girl and a black boy in 1939. There were a few unexpected twists in this story. It was a good read.

4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Well, my opinion on those books is totally the opposite. Too funny!

Leydy said...

Wow these sound interesting! Hope you enjoy them!


Check out what we are reading this week.

Leydy @ OUaT & Redcarpetendings

Unknown said...

I really think I need to read Calling Me Home...that sounds like something I would really like. Thank you for the recommendation!
Abby
Mrs. Saunders' Lovelies

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Orphan Train! I have yet to read it but can not wait ;)

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...