Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Cool Beans Salad




The Handyman and I have decided to eat a bit more healthy.  The only trouble is--The Handyman sometimes doesn't like 'healthy'.  

I found this meatless main-dish  on the Taste of Home Website and I decided to give it a try.  

I knew the Handyman could not comprehend a 'meat-less' meal, so I did add some roasted chicken to this meal.

Surprise!  This is so good!  So good that even the Handyman said,  "I could have eaten this without the chicken on the side."
It's filled with beans and rice and corn--with a zippy tasty dressing.
We loved it.

I am hoping to have a few more good meatless meals in the coming weeks.   We'll see if the Handyman can handle more.



Cool Beans Salad

Ingredients

  •  3 cups cooked basmati rice
  •  1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
  •  1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
  •  1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
  •  1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
  •  DRESSING:
  •  1 garlic clove, minced
  •  1 teaspoon salt
  •  1 teaspoon ground cumin
  •  1 teaspoon chili powder
  •  1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • Directions

    1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.

1 comment:

Karen said...

That really does look yummy!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...