Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Big Backyard Project



On Wednesdays I used to do a meme called
Outdoor Wednesday and I did love it as I got to share "my Nevada" outdoors, but, I haven't done that for quite sometime.  
I think I put everything on hold last October and am just now getting back into things.



While I do have some great outdoor photographs that I could share--I'm going to do this weird thing that I've always wanted to do:  
I want to see how my backyard changes throughout the year.
So! I'm going to take a few pictures of it each Wednesday to share.
Believe me--there is nothing more "dismal" than a Nevada  winter.  I just want to see how it changes in my backyard.

It gets its own version of dreary in the dead of winter, but this is what my backyard looked like on Saturday (I promise I'll take it on Wednesday from now on..)
at 10:43am

standing in my back doorway





standing at the edge of the patio
turning a few different directions




Then today  (actually Wednesday) I decided to take a few more photos... look how many leaves have fallen since Saturday!



I ventured out in the yard to take a picture looking back. 
I don't know that I'll do this every Wednesday.
(there will be snow sometimes!)


It certainly doesn't look like we live in the desert!



This is mostly for me, because I'm a nerd and I want to see how  the seasons change.
So, if you are looking at this thru-out the year, you might have to put up with junk lying in my yard that I didn't notice (like the blue Japanese lantern that fell off the tree during last night's wind storm among other things.)

Let's see how the seasons change....

2 comments:

Literary Feline said...

You have such a lovely backyard. I look forward to seeing it change through the seasons.

My cousin lives in Colorado and takes a photo just about every day of her front yard from the same spot and posts it on Facebook. She skipped a good number of days this summer because the view didn't change much, but even just the day to day changes during the winter and spring months was fascinating to see.

Katherine P said...

I love seeing pictures of your backyard! What a lovely space. I've never been to Nevada so in my head it's all desert but you have so much green! Looks very relaxing and peaceful! I can understand the dreary Nevada winter. Alabama winters are pretty dreary too. We don't have snow but it's cold and everything dies and looks depressed until it gets warm again!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...