Thursday, August 31, 2017

R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril; or RIP XII


I've enjoyed participating in this bookish event for the past couple of years--so I'm joining up again.


I love fall and all things autumn as well as that tad bit of creepiness that comes along this time of year, so I thought--why not join in for my 3rd year in the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril XI challenge?   RIP!
Even tho, the horror genre is usually not my thing (although in the past couple of years I've become fonder of them), I'm sure I can find a book or two  to fit in.

What is RIP?

This is from Andi of Estella's Revenge and  Heather of
(be sure and check out their websites for a complete rundown and explanation of levels, etc)


Every September 1 through October 31 for the last 11 years Carl from Stainless Steel Droppings has hosted the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril Challenge, affectionately known as the R.I.P. Challenge. Carl has been kind enough to entrust the event to us, Heather and Andi, from now on, and we hope to do him proud. We know all of you readers will!
The purpose of the R.I.P. Challenge is to enjoy books that could be classified as:
Mystery.
Suspense.
Thriller.
Dark Fantasy.
Gothic.
Horror.
Supernatural.
The emphasis is never on the word challenge, instead it is about coming together as a community and embracing the autumnal mood, whether the weather is cooperative where you live or not.

I'm going to try for Peril the 2nd.
And Peril of the Group Read.

Be sure and check out their webpages for more information --
and then think about joining in!

2 comments:

Andi said...

So glad you're in for the fun! For a long time I was not so keen on horror, but the last couple of years it's really crept up on me (ha!). :D Enjoy!

Nikki (www.bookpunks.com) said...

When do we get to see your tbr list? Browsing all the lists is one of my favorite parts. :)

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...