Thursday, August 31, 2017

Why do I?


Why do I think that I can go away for a quick weekend trip and read 8 books?!
I am exaggerating a bit, but 5 books is not an exaggeration. I often take 5.
This time I am only taking 3.  
And my Kindle.
And my phone with my audible app.
And my current read--which I will finish on the way up there.
And a new cooking magazine.

I'll be okay.
I have 4 hours of 'light' this evening as we head up.
(4 hours of dark)
and 8 hours of light on the way back.
I CAN DO THIS!!



But tell me why? Why do I feel more comfortable with a tote full of books in the backseat?

Maybe I'm crazy!?
Maybe not.


3 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I'm the same way. I can't help but pack an over abundance of books. Just in case. :-)

Katherine P said...

I'm the same way! My Kindle has helped with packing because I typically only bring one print book and my Kindle now but before that I would bring at least 4 or 5. You can't run out of stuff to read!

Julie @ Smiling Shelves said...

I totally do this, too! I just had a weekend away with extended family, so I knew I was going to get hardly any time to read. I still packed two books and only didn't throw in a third because my backpack was full. I believe we suffer from abibliophobia - the fear of running out of things to read! :)

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...