Thursday, August 24, 2017

Friday Friend Recipe #156 -- Crab Mold




Come with me as I continue to countdown my Friday Friend Cookbook!

What is it, you may ask?

In a nutshell...
About 17 years ago, 50 of my closest friends and family, who had been on an e-mail forum with me, sent in recipes in different categories and we compiled a cookbook.
I decided to count those down!
Why?

Because  one night I was looking thru the cookbook and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog"
The Handyman--who thinks he knows me better than I know myself, said,  "you'll never EVER do that."
Well,  maybe I will!  Maybe I'll show him!

Which brings me to recipes #156
 Meghan's Crab Mold





She said 'pour into mold shaped like fish.'
She thought she was joking with sarcasm...
....but...
look what I found!







It's so good!  SO GOOD!
A creamy dip, bursting with sweet crab meat!
If you use canned, be sure and spring for a really good quality of canned crab.






This is Meghan's 8th appearance in the Friday Friend Cookbook Countdown!
You can see all of her recipes if you click here.
She is married to my brother-in-law, Mike, the Handyman's youngest brother.
Their baseball team of choice is the Oakland A's.


This one--on the left---my nephew just began his senior year of high school. This is what Meghan had to say about day one....
Had the pleasure of the last day of school registration (senior year) with Nate. He wanted me there - I warned him that most seniors went on their own..... didn't matter. He wanted me there .got in line - not another mom in sight. He chatted at me the whole time while greeting friends (some cut in line and that was hard for me to deal) I kept asking him if he was embarrassed to have me there and at the third ask when he asked me 'are you embarrassed to be here?' I realized that my kid was just glad to have me with him. blessed that he still is cool with his mom.



He's a great kid!  And she's a great mom!


Even in their fandom---they show off MaKeefe's!  Meghan's Catering business!  (and we're lucky that's not a middle finger)



MaKeefe's!

Welcome to MaKeefe's! Our concept is to provide families with delicious, homemade meals delivered to your doorstep. With sports, school projects and other activities, a lot of families find themselves grabbing food on the run. It is our goal to provide with you with healthier choices, while still paying about what you would for takeout. Most dishes can be reheated within 30 minutes, some even faster on your stove top.

That is her concept above!  I wish I lived close by--- I would never have to cook on a Tuesday again!!  Or a Thursday!

She serves things like.....
(Please place orders prior to 7am Monday 7/31)


TUESDAY AUGUST 1st


High $$ Sammies 
High dolla Sammie's are filled with some top notch ingredients.... Peppered turkey, smoky bacon, creamy avocado, Havarti cheese on a crusty sourdough baguette slathered with pesto aioli with tomatoes and spinach leaves. Four sandwiches and a tub of summer pasta salad primavera included.

BBQ Chicken Salad 
Shredded chicken in a tangy bbq sauce with romaine lettuce, topped with black bean, corns, tomatoes, cheddar cheese and red onion. Creamy homemade ranch and crispy tortilla strips to toss.



I wish I could describe recipes/dishes like she does.
I tried when I wrote "bursting with sweet crab meat" when describing this dip.
That makes you want to try her dip, right?

And this is recipe #156!
Only 138 left to go!



2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I bet that would be a huge hit at book club! I love the story of Meghan and Nate - he sounds like a great kid.

Karen said...

This looks yummy! I used to have several copper molds,, but don't think i had the fish one!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...