Monday, August 14, 2017

Friday Friend Recpe #152 -- Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo


My Friday Friend Cookbook Countdown #152!
(#willreallyfinishthissomeday)

Barb's Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo

and you know all the whys and wherefores of this countdown, right? Homemade cookbook, friends contributed, Handyman said I couldn't/wouldn't do it, I'll show him, yadda yadda yadda....
...and the rest is cookbook history!




This is really good.
Great for pasta night! 
We  used to have a dedicated pasta night, but those days are long gone--so IF I had a pasta night, this might be a new favorite!







In this photo you can see the Handyman's hand --  like he is going  "TA-DA" for Barb's recipe!



Barb and the Handyman have always been 'partners' when it comes to board games, cards, any competition ever.


They are pretty good, but I think when it comes right down to it, her husband Doug and I can give them a run for their money anytime.  Unless of course, I lose my confidence and let Doug talk me out of an answer---a correct answer.
(This happens quite often)
Barb and the Handyman never quibble over an answer. They are strong in their unity of being game playing partners.

Rich makes sure Barb gets her rest before beginning another competition:


Then they try their best to psych me out!
(by doing really weird stuff!!)




As strong as their partnership is tho---there are some chinks in the armor. 
Angel-food cake for one. It's the Handyman's all time favorite cake.  He likes it with chocolate frosting all over.

Barb disagrees.....





This is Barb's 36 appearance in the  Friday Friend Cookbook Countdown. She has a lot more to go, but I'm betting we won't see one with an Angel Food cake in it!
And now I'm wondering if Barb ever got rid of her angel food cake pan?

That's my story!

Recipe #152 is done.
142 left to go!

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

Linguine and alfredo sauce are always good but I'd drink a different beer with that. ;)

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...