Friday, August 25, 2017

Book Blogger Hop and a Fabulous Friday


I don't know that I'd call myself a Book Blogger anymore, because I've been absent for so long, BUT I like the company, so I'm jumping right in again.


Book Blogger Hop is hosted each week by

This week's question is:


Have you ever read a book written in a foreign language that you might be fluent in and then read the same book in English?


My answer is:
No.
I'm only fluent in Pig-Latin and I don't know that any books have been written in that language.

Seriously tho---I am not fluent in any foreign language.  I wish I were.


Each and every Friday, Michelle of the blog, That’s What She Read, shares what makes  Friday a Fabulous day for her and she has a Mister Linky where you can share your own post of what makes your own Friday fabulous.
Just click here to check it out for yourself!

Okay, this Friday is fabulous because....
see these two old ladies?



These two old ladies  have coffee together every Tuesday morning at 6am. In our jammies. 
We've been doing it for over 12 years.
Every.
Tuesday (sorry not Friday)
6am.
I had to change the from color to black and white and  have a 'smaller' pictures so you can't see all of our 6am flaws.
Just a few, but you know.... 

I took the photo on Tuesday, but now that it's FRIDAY
(they made me wait until today--sigh), I can tell you why.
We are both going to be grandmas! Again!
Number 8 for each of us.
And that is fabulous!
It's a fabulous day when I can finally blab about a new baby!

It's also fabulous because we get to have dinner with our Friday Night Friends--who have been in Europe for a month, so it'll be fun to catch up with them.



How about you?  What makes today fabulous for you?

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What country/countries in Europe?

I can understand Spanish, but the conversation has to be slow moving. :)

It would be difficult for me to read in a different language, but I am loving this question.

So many good comments and answers.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Book Blogger Hop

bermudaonion said...

Congratulations on the new grandbaby!!!

Nicki J. Markus / Asta Idonea said...

Welcome back! Congrats on the soon-to-be new arrival.

Literary Feline said...

Congratulations! How exciting that a new grandbaby is on its way. :-) Love the photos you shared. I especially like your tradition on Tuesdays. What great fun!

You are fluent in Pig-Latin?! I'm jealous (in a good way). I never was able to master even that language. I'm terrible with languages, real or made up.

I hope you have a great week, Debbie! It's good to see you blogging again!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...