Thursday, March 10, 2011

Booking Thru Thursday--multi-tasking

This week's "Booking Through Thursday" asks:

Do you multi-task when you read? Do other things like stirring things on the stove, brushing your teeth, watching television, knitting, walking, et cetera?

Or is it just me, and you sit and do nothing but focus on what you’re reading?
(Or, if you do both, why, when, and which do you prefer?)

My answer?
It's really hard for me to multi task.  So, no, I never multi-task when I'm reading a book.


Well, there. That was the easiest answer I've ever given.  Do you multi task when reading a book?  I can't even multi-task when I'm cleaning my house--I get distracted.  I have to do one thing at a time.

Which brings me to my blog....one thing at one time.  I am doing multiple things here.  Posting about food/cooking and books and random stuff that pops into my head.  I'm not sure it's working out.  For instance I've noticed that some of my blogging friends have links to   what they posted on their blogs  'a year ago today'.  
This way they can bring back recipes and/or book reviews that new followers might have missed.  Or just what they want to share again because it's WORTH SHARING AGAIN!   And I love that!!     Because usually you are reading someone  whose cooking and recipes  or book tastes  you love---so it's fun to find something new from them.
I really love it.

So I went back to my blog a year ago today and guess what I found?  Library Books...I posted what library books I got.   (not to say that I don't love the meme Library Loot, I just am not doing it anymore)
Also, what is outside my kitchen window.  Well, its the same EXACT thing that's outside my kitchen window right now.  Go take a look.
And now, this blog post....if I brought it up a year from now, it would be, well, nothing.

I need to make up my mind!   Books or Food?!  Cooking or Reading?!    I'm going to grab a warm chocolate cookie and my book and give this some thought.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I tend to read "in betweens". Here's mine

P/S I'm a new follower.

Karen said...

I think your blog is great just the way it is with books, food, cooking and reading! Part of the reason I don't read books (very often) is because I find it difficult NOT to multi-task! I think I have adult ADHD!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...