Thursday, March 31, 2011

Twittering

I have a Twitter account.  (sigh)  I'm not sure why--I dont' even have a smart-phone.  So, the whole idea of using it from my computer kind of defeats the purpose I think.
I can go for a few days without checking it...and then I feel I must Tweet something.  The trouble is--I have nothing of any importance to Tweet about.

My Tweet for today?  "Book Club tonight.  I hope she has good food."

I guess tho, you can get quite addicted to it.  I had to laugh at Steve Martin's Tweet from the other day  (don't ask my how I got to be following Steve Martin.  I have no idea!!  I think it was a retweet anyway...from someone who does follow him.  So.....if I post on my blog a retweet orginally from a tweet from Steve Martin, are there are laws, I'm breaking?)

Anyway...addiction.
Steve said  (or tweeted):   Twitter over capacity! Couldn’t Tweet for 30 minutes. Forced to tell doorman that I had Cream of Wheat for breakfast. Not the same.

Now that's funny.
I love Steve Martin.

Who has Twitter?
Who has Twitter that is over 50?  (non-celeberaties I mean)

Mmmm-hmm.  That's what I thought.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have Twitter (which is why you have Twitter) and honestly, I never tweet. I forget I have it and I can't be bothered when I do remember. Who cares when I last went to the washroom or what I had for lunch.

Anonymous said...

By the way, is it twittering or tweeting? And winter is over, change your pics. Thanks.

bermudaonion said...

I'm 52 and I'm on Twitter! I love it! I'm bermudaonion, if you're interested.

Michelle B said...

Under 50 and no twitter here.
For the reason you mentioned...nothing important to say. That's why I neglect my Facebook account too. I doubt anyone needs to (or wants to) know that I had cream of wheat for breakfast!

Thanks for the Steve Martin...great stuff!

Debbie said...

I need my daugther in law's help to change my pics and she is BUSY for the next 2 weeks. lol
I really need to figure it out myself.

Karen said...

I have a Twitter account and I only have one tweet. I guess that makes me a Twitter Quitter. Do you want to follow me? LOL

BTW, *nobody* says anything important on Twitter!

Karen said...

What's your name? I'm Jipcee :)

Trish said...

Given the lack of enthusiasm I have for facebook, I don't think I should even attempt to start up a Twitter account. But -ehn- who knows, I might one of these days.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...