Monday, June 20, 2011

It's Monday (what are you reading?)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?--is hosted by Shelia from Book Journey.
She says:
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between! D This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!



So let's get started.  It's been a slow reading week at the Friday Friend House.  We've had our  2-year old twin grandchildren for a few days.
Well, let me rephrase that....It's not been a slow reading week AT ALL.
We've read: 
Pickle Things
But No Elephants
Dirty Feet
The Little Engine that Could
Blueberries for Sal
One Fish, Two Fish
Hop on Pop
Ten Apples Up On Top
Cookies and Milk
The Hungry Caterpillar
Goodnight Moon
A Fish Out of Water
Jamberry
and more......

and some of these I read many times over!  They are THAT good!  (seriously, sharing snuggle time and books with grandkids is close to heaven)


I am almost finished with:



Lucia, Lucia by Adriana Trigiani.
I'm listening to this book on audio.
What can I say about it?
I LOVE THIS BOOK.
I don't want it to end.




Don't Breath a Word by Jennifer McMahon.
On my Kindle.
I'm about half way thru it.  It's  kind of eerie.   But good so far.


I should be reading:
Stiff by Mary Roach.  It's my book club (Totally Lit) pick for next week, and I haven't started it.   I like to live close to the edge like that.




So until next week then....

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

Oh, I can see why you read many of those books over and over again! How fun to have little ones to read and snuggle with. Lucia, Lucia is my favorite of Trigiani's work.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...