Monday, June 13, 2011
Secret Recipe Club
Today is posting day for The Secret Recipe Club! I have missed the first couple of round-ups for this club, but when I realized what a fun idea this is, I signed up right away so I could participate this month! In this club, we choose any recipe from the blog assigned to us and make or bake and keep the blog/blogger we are making from a secret until posting day
It came right down to the wire for me and the Secret Recipe Club! We are just putting the finishing touches on our kitchen and dining room tile and we only got our new stove last weekend.
So, besides boiling myself some eggs, and heating some soup, these great Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies (from Cupcake Muffin) are one of the first things I've made, and the very first I've baked in my new oven.
Speaking of Cupcake Muffin, let me give a shout out to Sara and say thanks for the great cookie recipe. It was fun to peruse your blog and see all the great dishes.
I have a horrible sweet tooth and I knew that had to be satisfied soon, and Sara has tons of great 'sweet treats' on her blog. I can't wait to make the Sour Cream-Apple Pie with Lemon Cardamom Streusel!! It sounded so good.
But I went with the Nutella cookies for a couple of reasons.
1. I may be the only person in the world who has never tasted Nutella. I bought some and it has just sat in my cupboard for a few months. So, this was my opportunity to try it out. (I love food and love sweets, but for some reason just can't get my mind around chocolate spread on toast ?? )
2. I've been really hungry for a good cookie and this one just called out to me.
I wanted a good cookie to go with my cup of good coffee.
The question is....did I find that good cookies?
I think I did! As Sara said, the Nutella flavor isn't very pronounced, but it does give for a smooth, slight chocolate, or understated 'Nutella' flavor.
The Handyman liked them too. He likes a softer cookie and these were soft inside but a bit crunchy on the outside--that's a perfect texture, I feel.
I have to confess, I did eat them for breakfast with my coffee, true, but 14 hours later as I write up this blog post, I am having a couple with a glass of cold milk.
A truly versitial cookie if you ask me. Coffe AND milk. (smiles)
Here is Sara's recipe from her blog.
I didn't make any changes to the recipe at all.
Nutella-Chocolate Chip Cookies
from Cupcake Muffin
Makes 4 dozen small cookies
2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 stick unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup Nutella
1-1/2 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cups chocolate chips or coarsely chopped dark chocolate
1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheets with foil or parchment.
2. Whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside.
3. Beat together the butter and sugar, and then add the Nutella and beat until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla. Fold in the dry ingredients, followed by chocolate chips or chocolate chunks and nuts, if using.
4. Drop heaping tablespoon-fuls of dough two inches apart on the cookie sheets, and then flatten slightly by hand. Bake 8-10 minutes, then cool on a wire rack.
If you would like to particpate in the Secret Recipe Club just follow this link to check it out.
My Friday Friend Cookbook Countdown #175! (#willreallyfinishthissomeday) Georgann's Chicken Enchiladas Au Graten ...
On Friday, I received my "Cook's Country" magazine in the mail and was very excited to see this recipe for 'fried ...
What's outside my Kitchen window this week? This is. (for my garden/yard info check out this website ) I don't know if the...
Grab your coffee cup, or your coke or whatever your poison is, and settle down for a long read. I should probably post about the cheesec...