Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Outdoor Wednesday



Today I am linking up to A Southern Daydreamer's  Outdoor Wednesday Meme.   I have more birding pictures to share and this is a great way to share any photos you have of the great outdoors.

 Outdoor Wednesday photos  can be something outside of your home such as your porch, deck, patio, garden or lawn. Your photo can be outdoor shots of the beach, forest or mountains. (We don’t want to exclude anyone who might not have a yard). Or, you could simply post pictures of a favorite plant or flower. Only rule is it has to be outside! You could see my first birding pictures, here , if you so desire.




I loved my first birding weekend.  Because....I am a Bird Nerd.   Yep, a big Bird Nerd. so now you know.  (before too long, all my secrets will be out on the Internet!)
Here are more pictures of   Avecets and Black Necked Stilts.  I think they are beautiful.

4 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

That sounds like fun, Debbie. Those shots are just amazing!!!

I've recently become a "bird nerd" myself. Perhaps not as dedicated as you but there's time...

Thanks for sharing...

bermudaonion said...

I agree with you - they are beautiful!

Kathy Walker said...

One bird nerd to another....Great shots...they are so beautiful! I love watching birds and trying to take their picture!

Laurie said...

I am a huge bird nerd too, y'all!
And I think it's time I started taking shots of the bald eagles that fly over our yard eyeballin' our hens, eh?
I do love to see avocets and stilts, too, esp. little chicks: I used to work for a wildlife rescue group in the SF Bay area of CA and was privileged to get to work with birds of all sorts - I've never gotten over my compassion for and awe of the winged ones. Thanks for reminding me to celebrate them on my blog more often...

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...