Monday, June 25, 2012

It's Monday, What are you Reading?



I'm coming in very late today...  but I had to do an Audio Book Week post earlier, so this will be a quick  "It's Monday, What Are You Reading?" post.
(hosted by Sheila from Book Journey)








If you read my previous post,  you will know that I am listening to "Catherine the Great" on audio this week.  I'm glad I'm listening to this one on audio.  I have read Robert K. Massie before  (Nicolas and Alexandria) and enjoyed him.  I am enjoying this as well, but there is a TON of history, and sometimes it seems a bit dry.  It's very interesting tho.   This is on the discussion block for book club on Wednesday.



I picked this up earlier in the week, so hope to get it done in a day or two.  I love the comfort I get from reading a great children's book





and I'm still struggling with this one.
Sorry, but I just am.  I'm about halfway thru it and it's getting better for me, but still.... it's not the theme or the content, it's the writing style. FOR ME.  I loved Irving's book  "A Prayer for Owen Meany" but this one....??   I just can't get into it.  I will perservere tho, because it is interesting.  I don't want to let it go yet.



That's it for me this week...Hoping to get all of them finished and off my plate.
(I meant that in a good way!)

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'm so disappointed to see you're not loving In One Person - I had high hopes for it.

pussreboots said...

I hope you have a more enjoyable week of reading. My favorite read last week was Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 1 by Kanata Konami. Please come see what else I'm reading.

The Brunette Librarian said...

I looove Catherine the Great books. She was such a unique person :) Have a lovely reading week!


What are YOU reading @ The Brunette Librarian??

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...