Tuesday, September 22, 2015

First Chapter, First Paragraph


I thought I'd join everybody today with my first paragraph of a book I am thinking of starting.
First Chapter, First Paragraph
Tuesday Intros
is hosted by Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea.
Bloggers post the first paragraph of a book they are thinking of reading --- and get everyone's opinion to see if it grabbed them from the beginning or not.
Click here to join the fun!

My paragraph?

People were gathering at Alban House for the family's annual summer solstice party--a happy occasion.  At least it was supposed to be.

My book?


It has mixed reviews.  Goodreads rates it a 3.70, but I'll continue on.

The cover says:
A perfect read for a dark and stormy night.

And since I'm doing the RIP X challenge in right now (or I'm supposed to be doing it), it sounds perfect for that!

How about you? 
What is your first paragraph?




5 comments:

Margot said...

Hi Debbie, I haven't been here for a while, but it looks like you are still doing well. I'm not sure about the first paragraph. It didn't grab me right away, but I could stare at that cover for a long time. Good luck with your R.I.P. challenge. I'm doing it too and the Diverse Universe as well.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Wonder what happened to ruin the party? LOL I'd read more Debbie. Hope u enjoy it.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I love the cover...and the excerpt. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Lindsey said...

What an atmospheric cover! It looks perfect for RIP.

Literary Feline said...

I love that opening. I can't help but wonder what's going to go wrong. I love the cover too. Thanks for sharing!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...