Wednesday, September 9, 2015

RIP---I'm doing it!





I'm doing it.
I'm jumping in!
I'm joining the RIP X challenge.
What is RIP X, you ask?   Readers Imbibing Peril, take ten.
This is the first time I'm taking part and they are 10  years in.
I'm excited!
(it doesn't take much to excite me)
I love fall and all things autumn and that tad bit of creepiness that comes along with, so I thought--why not?  Even tho, the horror genre is not usually my thing (I say usually, because this past year, I have read my horror,suspense, thriller than I ever have), I'm sure I can find a book or two  to fit in.


If you want to join in, sign up at The Estella Society. I hope to see you there!

Read and/or watch, if you're so inclined, books from the following genres between September 1 and October 31, 2015:
  • Mystery
  • Suspense
  • Thriller
  • Dark Fantasy
  • Gothic
  • Horror
  • Supernatural
  • Anything sufficiently moody that shares a kinship with the above


I am doing Peril the Second.


Peril the Second: Read two books of any length that you believe fit within the R.I.P.categories.

I figure I can read at least 2 books in the categories as well as watch a good ghost story on the screen in the time period, even tho work is hell this time of year.
(HA HA---work is hell---it's a pun to fit in with the book challenge!)


I really did hesitate to sign up, as I have so much (SO SO VERY MUCH) going on at work in the next 4 weeks.

So! What did I decide to do?
Sign up for a few challenges and go on a 5 day vacation!



3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Good for you!

JoAnn said...

Glad you're joining!!

Susan Lindquist said...

Me too! What's your first read (or listen?)

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...