Thursday, June 18, 2015

This and That


Yesterday the Handyman and I celebrated our 37th wedding anniversary. (yay!).  We are not huge celebrators and/or gift givers---except on big ones that end in a 0, a zero, but we did decide to go out to dinner.


Then:



and now:
give or take a year.


Except for an extra chin or two, and the Handyman's white hair (mine is EXACTLY  the same color as it was), we haven't changed a bit!!

On our honeymoon to Disneyland and other places Southern Californian, we splurged one night and stayed in a hotel that cost $50!!
It had a bellhop and everything.
We thought we had died and gone to heaven.

Well, last night we spent $75 on dinner, plus a tip.
And we didn't think it came close to heaven.
While the food was good --- I had forgotten that the restaurant served family style and so we spent our dinner seated with 2 men on a business dinner.
And it was loud. Very loud.
The Handyman can't hear great and so I would just smile at him every once in a while and try to answer 'loudly' (so HM could hear)  questions the  slightly drunk business man sitting with us, enjoying our anniversary dinner, was asking.

Here's the thing tho:
The Handyman and I LOVE stuff like that.
It was so miserable it was funny--- and that's what we like.
After dinner we went and got milkshakes from Jack-in-the-Box and drove to the park and people watched and laughed about our great dinner.

The memory of our anniversary dinner with the strangers will be right up there with the one where we watched the CA cops follow OJ Simpson on the freeway for hours.

But those are the ones we remember most of all.

Happy 37 and one day Handyman!

PS  I don't think he ever reads my blog.

2 comments:

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

Very nice, and congrats!

bermudaonion said...

Happy Anniversary - the two of you sound like a match made in heaven. I've told Carl he only has to worry about birthdays and anniversaries that end in a zero or a five.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...