Saturday, March 8, 2008

It's been longer now.

okay....It's been a long, long time, this go-round. I will do better....

Everyday I receive a letter or blog from Daybook, which is a (hmmmm, how to explain), a.....it's a newsletter or site that respects and encourages and informs me about all religions.
I like it.
today the first part of it went like this:

We would wish that there were moments in each of our lives when we could say, "Everything is perfect." And many are blessed with such moments from time to time. Most days, though, we are seeing what needs to be done, and trying to make things better for our loved ones, our world, and ourselves. Today's selections explore the challenge of trying to make things better.

me/debbie:
I think what I need to do is to learn to compartmentalize things in my mind and heart.
(uh oh....I'm sure I'm getting a little to "heavy" for some of you.... so I'll lighten it up by pointing out that I probably just used some quotation marks wrong. LOL )

When something is going wrong or not perfect with someone I know or love, or they are having difficulties... I cannot compartmentalize it.
THE WHOLE WORLD SUCKS THEN!!!

I really, need to work on that. :~)

Hopefully most of you are better at that than I am.
I don't think of myself as a pessimist, but here is a funny story......
when I was having gallbladder problems, we lived in California. It hurt SO BAD when that little stone would plug up my gall bladder.... (give me childbirth every Friday instead please).
Before they found out what was wrong, I had to have some tests. One came back inconclusive about the gall stones.
At this time I was walking with Stella every morning and some afternoons ---- (the healthiest I've ever been...where is Stella when I need her???!!)
anyway, one morning, I told Stella that it probably wasn't my gall bladder.
She said, "well that's good" (she's ever the optimist )
I said, "I guess" (while inside I was crying BUT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS PROBABLY MEANS I AM DYING WITH SOME HIDEOUS DISEASE THEY HAVE YET TO DISCOVER. LIFE AS I KNOW IT IS OVER YOU SEE. OVER!!!!!! ) very melodramatic

As it turned out, I did have gall stones and they took them out and all is well. :~)

but... I still don't see myself as a pessimist. LOL

What can we do to make life better today?

Love, Debbie

No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...