Tuesday, March 11, 2008

not good at all

not good at all...

from Barb Brown:
But the child that is born on Sabbath day is bonny and
blithe and good and gay......................." I;m thinking
that Mark won't like that quote.


from Gina:
Grace, I think.


from me/debbie:
no, I bet he's hoping for the "grace" and not the "gay". LOL



Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child that's born on the Sabbath day
Is bonny, blithe, good and gay.


There is also the likelihood an ancient rhyme had evolved over time and lines were reassigned to different days for cultural reasons, as in the case with the final rhyme for the Sabbath day being identified for Sunday instead of actual Judeo-Christian biblical scripture identifying Saturday as the Sabbath. In fact, a strict historical review of the rhyme would more correctly have the verse read:
Sunday's child is full of grace. (Christian day of worship)
Monday's child is fair of face. (Mon=Moon, with its 'face')
Tuesday's child is full of woe. (Tues=Týr, Norse 'God of War')
Wednesday's child has far to go. (Wednes=Woden 'The Wanderer')
Thursday's child works hard for a living, (Thur=Thor, Norse god)
Friday's child is loving and giving. (Frida=Freyja, Norse 'God of Love')
But the child that is born on Sabbath-day
Is bonny and happy and wise and gay.



Click on this lind and Do this and let me know what day you were born on. :~)
I am a Wednesday's Child. (woe is me )
Debbie


http://www.hugkiss.com/birthday/monchild.html

No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...