Monday, April 13, 2009

Cheeseburger Buns from Mommy's Kitchen


Cheeseburger buns


I was searching thru blogs, as I often do, checking out everyone's recipes, when I came across an older post from Tina at "Mommy's Kitchen" (it was on her sideboard--smart idea to keep showcasing those great dishes ) for Cheeseburger Buns. They looked great.

I have never pretended to be a bread maker, but I followed Tina's directions EXACTLY, even down to what she would have done next time and guess what? I am a bun maker now. Yes sir, I can make hamburger buns, sandwich buns...and I did end up making a half a dozen cinnamon rolls from the left over dough from this recipe, which I will stick in the oven for a nice warm, sweet breakfast tomorrow morning.

The buns were good, and the touch of sweetness in the dough was just perfect.
I was worried, because there was no mention of how much meat filling to use, but I just piled a heaping spoonful or two and they were perfect. I just had to eyeball it.
My husband loved them, and I called my adult son, told him to come get some for he and his friends. There was no way that 2 of us could eat 12. But I did manage to save a few for a nice lunch tomorrow.

Thanks Tina!

(if you want the recipe go to Tina's blog here)


These are bigger than the picture lets you beleive....they were hamburger bun sized. Really.









9 comments:

Sheila said...

I have just recently found Mommy's Kitchen and love everything she posts. I had not seen these; they would make a terrific brown bag lunch. I am always looking for something new and exciting, and if it can be easy, too, all the better!

teresa said...

Oh yum, these look like a lot of fun to make and eat!

Tina Butler said...

Your buns look so beautiful!!! Oh My that almost sounds bad saying it that way. I mean your bread buns LMBO. I am so glad you liked the cheeseburger buns,my dd loves these. I cant believe that was my first post at mommys kitchen ~sigh~ I have learned so much since then on taking pictures and writing my posts so i apoligize if the directions were kind of vague. I fixed the part of the post about the filling amount. Isnt that roll dough just to die for? It has so many possibilities.

Cathy said...

Wow, what a great idea. These buns looks so delicious. Can't wait to try them.

Donna-FFW said...

Debbie- These look wonderful, and they sound delicious. I have to try these myself..

Rachel said...

I saw your question on the Cook the Books blog about wanting more information on how to participate in our foodie book club. You don't need to do anything special other than reading a copy of the current book pick, becoming inspired to cook up something based on the reading and then blogging about it with a link back to the Cook the Books blog site. Jo of Food Junkie, me (Crispy Cook) and Deb of Kahakai Kitchen are taking turns being hosts, so I'll be up next! Stay tuned to see what book I've selected (we're reading Anthony Bourdain's "Kitchen Confidential" right now until April 25).

Debbie said...

Do those buns ever look good! Great cheeseburger!

Lyndas recipe box said...

Those look so wonderful.This is a great idea!

The Blonde Duck said...

This is the most wonderful thing I'd ever seen in my life! I LOVEEEEEEEEE it!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...