Monday, April 20, 2009

A desert walk

Don't forget that Wednesday, we'll be posting "What's outside Our kitchen Windows" Or in our gardens, or in our backyards, etc etc. (if you want to show me, that is.... but I would really love to see what's outside your kitchen window :~)

And don't forget to tell me about your favorite hamburger joint (see post below)

and last but not least.... in the middle of some serious cooking yesterday, I got called away to do a "desert walk" with some of my friends.

I had forgotten that we had set up 4:00 in the afternoon to meet and walk an "artsy" desert trail. They called to remind me..... and I was right in the middle of making a rub, a maridande, dessert. My husband, stepped up to the plate (LOL... a foodie pun) and said, "what can i do?"

I said "rub this rub all over the ribs, both sides and put them on the grill in about 30 minutes" and then I grabbed my camera and ran out the door.

I'll have a post about our great Sunday meal (and now you know it's ribs, but with a rootbeer glaze, mmmmm ) later on in the week, but for now, if you want to see the country I live in, where I took my walk "part I" click here.

And absolutely NO LAUGHING about how dry it is, BECAUSE to us, it is spring and it's really GREEN out there.

It's the high mountain desert of Northern Nevada. LOL

A Morning Stroll is Good for the Soul (or an anytime stroll )

2 comments:

Terri said...

And, the smell of blooming sagebrush. I remember. I lived up at Lake Tahoe and in Gardnerville, NV for awhile. We visit our son and his family in Reno. Spring time is also my favorite. Things ARE green, just a different shade.

The Blonde Duck said...

That's a cool idea about a desert walk.

Did someone say ribs?

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...