Sunday, January 26, 2014

Book Blogger Hop - 1/24 - 1/30




Book Blogger Hop



I'm not ever sure that I'm supposed  to be doing this  "Book Blogger Hop" as I am not a 'full time' Book Blogger....but I'm about  50%, wouldn't you say?   BUT  I love books.  And I love to answer random questions, so...  here I am.

The Question of the Weeks is:
Do you think you will ever read every book in your TBR stack?


my answer is:

SURE!   If, I never buy another book as long as I live and I live a long healthy life for the next 30 years, I'll get it done.  I know it!

Ha!   As a self-proclaimed bookworm, I think it would be HELL to never buy another book.  Of course, there is always the library... but sometimes (most times) a person just has to have the book on their shelf.  I, for one, cannot have an imaginary TBR list that lives in my head.   This is also why I prefer a 'real' book over the ones on my Kindle.  I like to hold them and touch them and see them.  If they are on my Kindle I can't see them.  I don't like that.  Although I do use the Kindle for travel and when I want something really fast.

The Handyman is just reading his first book on his 'notebook'.  He says....it's just okay.

Being the book nerd that I am, (or maybe just a nerd, because this is not so bookish)  a couple of years ago (2012) I decided to do one book club  with the 'real' books, one with the Kindle and one on audio.
Still didn't make  dent in my TBR pile.

This weekly feature--Book Blogger Hop---is brought to you  by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer.  You can check it out there to see what other book bloggers and semi-book bloggers  have answered.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very well said! I also feel the need to own "real" copies of books--I may buy a book for my kindle, but if I like it, I don't even think twice before purchasing a physical copy of the same book. I like my kindle for traveling, but nothing will ever replace the sight of books on my bookcases!
The bottom line for me is, if you're a true booklover, the end of the TBR list is NEVER in sight!

bermudaonion said...

Yeah, I won't get all of my read either but we'll sure have fun trying, won't we!?!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...