Tuesday, January 28, 2014

First Chapter



Every Tuesday Diane from Bibliophile By the Sea,  hosts  First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?


I'm pretty excited because when I finish,  Blue Asylum, today ( a book I have to read for book club on Wed. )  I get to read a book JUST FOR FUN!
Not that I don't enjoy every single book I read for book club---I enjoy reading and getting together to discuss---it's just that my own personal TBR list is slow going.  (I should stop joining book clubs, I guess.  4 is enough)

So, here is the First paragraph of the book I am going to start reading this week:

I fell in love with William Ashe at gunpoint, in a Circle K.  It was on a Friday afternoon at the tail end of a Georgia summer so ungodly hot the air felt like it had all been boiled red.  We were both staring down the barrel of an ancient, creaky .32 that could kill  us just as deadly as a really nice gun could.

What do you think? Would you keep reading? 
I will---like I said above,  I am very excited to start:


I had wanted this to be my first book of 2014, but somehow it will be 6th.   It's that old saying:  Life Happens.  (and I was in Washington State unexpectedly when the new year began and this book was here in Nevada.)
So, excited!!!   

5 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I'm looking forward to reading this book at some point. It sure sounds good!

JoAnn said...

I'd definitely continue... think I'm the only person on the planet who has yet to read Joshilyn Jackson. Enjoy!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Great intro - it's a fun read -- enjoy and thanks so much for joining us this week. Hope you become a regular weekly participant.

kayerj said...

I've seen this book on another blog today, must be good. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

Nise' said...

I loved this book, hope you do as well.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...