Friday, January 17, 2014

Cookbook #63 and Pina Colada Zucchini Bread






Trying to work my way thru my 250 cookbooks but in this cookbook, I could be bogged down for quite some time.  I have bookmarked about  30 recipes that I want to try.  How can one go wrong with  Taste of Home Award Winning recipes?
The first thing I made was this quick zucchini bread.  Zucchini/coconut bread. Zucchini/coconut/ pineapple bread.
I know the coconut will be a turn off for a lot of people, but  if you do like it, you'll enjoy this bread.

The end.  I mean...what more can I say about the bread?  Great for a snack. Great for breakfast.  It was very moist.  Very good.  Award winning, I would say!

I am going to link this to my Cookbook Countdown.  You could check it out and see all of the cookbooks I've used so far.
I go long periods without updating the cookbooks I use, so I'm going to try for at least 2x a month not 4x a year.  
A new year resolution!





Pina Colada Zucchini Bread
from the Taste of Home Winning Recipes edition

4 cups all-purpose flour
3 cups sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups canola oil
1 tsp each, coconut, rum and vanilla extracts
3 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup canned, crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

1.  Line the bottoms of three greased and floured 8x4 inch loaf pans with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside.

2.  In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.  In another bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and extracts. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.  Fold in the zucchini, pineapple and walnuts.

3.  Transfer to prepared pans.  Bake at  350 for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.  Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Gently remove waxed paper.



3 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

Hi Debbie!
As soon as I saw this recipe in my sidebar, I just had to pop over to check it out. Delighted I did! Sounds delicious!

Thanks for sharing and good luck with that resolution of yours:)

bermudaonion said...

Count me in the "no to coconut" group!

Tina said...

I will have your share of the coconut! I like it.
Cool recipe, I wouldn't of thought to combine these Flavors but...looks delicious.
Count me in.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...