Friday, January 17, 2014

Crazy Question Answers


Sheila from Book Journey asked these crazy questions this morning..


Half Marathon Questions....

Any advice from runners out there?
Is it crazy to do my first BIG run in Minnesota in February? (Probably do not need an answer to this one... ;) )
What is the longest distance you have run? (and yes to the bathroom does count)

Flowers In The Attic questions...

Have you ever read this book?
Have you read the new release of it?
Are you planning on seeing the Lifetime movie?
What snacks do you plan on eating if you are? :razz:


These are my crazy answers:
I am not a runner, so I can't give running advice. Although in 2002 I went to the New York City Marathon with my friend Stella who is a runner and was running in the marathon.   I cheered her on.  Afterwards we went to the top of the Empire State building ----it was very late at night, her feet were sore.   Her toe bled.  Out of her toenail.  It was not pretty.
We took the elevator to the top of the  Empire State Building.  (actually they don't let you take the stairs)  and on top we ran into someone who knew us from California. 
How weird is that?

I think it's crazy to do a marathon in Minnesota in February.  Or March, or August for that matter.  Your toes could bleed!!

I ran in the Stone Family Turkey Trot this Thanksgiving.  It was a family  run around the block.  So, I made it around the block. 
BUT---walking I can do.  I did the  3day/60mile walk 4 years ago.
And I am planning on doing the Columbia Gorge Marathon (1/2 marathon) walk this October.

I have read Flowers in the Attic, but it's been years ago.  I think i was in High School.   
I want to see the movie.  I will probably DVR it.

Snacks?  Hmmmm..... perhaps I'll have this.  Or this.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Minnesota?! In February?! I salute you hearty Minnesotans who live and work in that tundra. But my candy ass would freeze! Also, I am not a runner. If you see me running then something heinous must be after me. I like to walk though.

I read Flowers in the Attic ages ago but haven't read a new version. Never heard of Lifetime but we don't have TV feed at all.

bermudaonion said...

No running for me either - I don't think my knees could take it.

I just read Flowers in the Attic and wasn't crazy about it so I probably won't watch the movie.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...