Thursday, July 28, 2011

Book clubs

I've mentioned on this blog that I belong to a few book clubs, but there are two that I attend regularly and that I really love.  Those would be  "The Totally Lit" book club and "Lit Wits" book club. 
We take turns hosting for these two book clubs and every once in a while, it happens that my turn hosting for each falls on the same month.  Totally Lit meets on the LAST Wednesday of the month and Lit Wits meets on the 4th Thursday of the month.  It just so happens that this month, when I am  hosting, they fall back to back.
Last night I hosted the Totally Lit Girls, where we discussed  "The Paris Wife" and enjoyed some radish sandwiches (Ernest Hemingway loved them) and some little bit sized cream puffs. (and of course wine).   



Tonight for Lit Wits, I have to make a dinner---because this is the cook and book club---and as of now,  9:18am, I don't have that planned really.  But our book is  "Sing You Home", and I'm looking forward to some great discussion.


So, the radish sandwiches weren't bad.  I wonder if I can get away with them for tonight too?
A crusty french bread, real butter, salt and pepper, and....sliced radishes.
It was the weirdest best thing I've had in awhile.

9 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Really, radish sandwiches? Not sure they're for me. Have fun tonight.

Anonymous said...

I'd come for the wine.

Emma said...

I'd love to join a book club! They aren't really a common thing around here sadly.

The radish on crusty bread with butter sounds very French! And yes, I'd come for the wine too :)

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

I think I need to take up reading!

Susan Lindquist said...

I'm WISHING there was a book group in my little rural backwater! Those radish sandwiches seemed strange to me too. I read about them in Molly Wizenberg's book, A Homemade Life... very Frenchie!

Karen said...

I planted French Breakfast Radishes in the garden this year. They're not as sharp as regular radishes and I really like them. Last night I put some butter on crackers and then topped the butter with radishes and salt. Yum!

Jessica White said...

How was the book "The Paris wife"? It's on my list of to be read.

~~louise~~ said...

Hi Debbie!!!

Two book club feedings back to back! I just know you were on your toes!!! I can't seem to muster up a group of readers here in my little corner of the world for anything! I think I'll try again when the weather gets cooler:)

Radish sandwiches sound delightful (I love that Hemminway tidbit:)

Thanks for sharing, Debbie...

P.S. My sad heart is savoring all the smiles the kids generously shared. Thank you for your soothing words, Debbie. It's good to be back:)

The Blonde Duck said...

Haven't said hi in awhile!

I want to join a bookclub that reads kids books. :)

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...