Thursday, May 15, 2014

Happy National Chocolate Chip day and Chocolate Chip Cookie #12



Not being a food photographer, I am running out of unique ideas to take photos of cookies.
Look!  Look at this really cool wine glass my friend April made for me? She wrapped beads around the stem.
I love them.
Just right to stick in a few cookies and take some pictures!


This cookie is #12 in my chocolate chip cookie countdown (and 10 from this book),  today is also  National Chocolate Chip  day, so I thought, why not?  I'll make some cookies.


You know how I love the elusive taste of the perfect, crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside, melt in  your mouth chocolate chip cookie like my mom used to make?
Well, this one is not it.
BUT....
this is a great cookie!
It's more like a shortbread cookie with chocolate chips, and a great almond taste (almond extract is included in the recipe).
I loved them. So did the  Handyman.
And so did my friends at  6am Bible Study this morning.

They are named "Nutty" chocolate chip cookies, because you can either put the pecans in chopped OR ground.  I just did the chopped version.
The note on the recipe also says to add  1/4 cup flour to make the cookies chewier, but we liked them very much as they were.






Nutty Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter (the recipe said margarine, but I didn't have any.  This could be why they had a shortbread texture)
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 finely ground pecans

Sift together the flour, soda and salt three times.  Set aside.
Cream together the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla, almond extracts.  Stir the sifted ingredients into the creamed mixture, along with the pecans and ch chips.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. 



and I also wanted to show you this picture of some homemade spudnuts--which my daughter-in-law made for me on Sunday.
YUM---MEEE!!!

You haven't heard of Spudnuts?





2 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Yum that looks delicious! I love the cookies in the glass!

Karen said...

Pretty glass with the beads! I've never heard of spudnuts, but it looks like fried dough, so I'm sure I'd be a fan!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...