Sunday, November 22, 2015

Friday Friend Recipe #85 --Easy Pork Tacos



Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.
What is the Friday Friend cookbook: I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends (from all over the county). At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 15 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions, exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts, had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.
 
AND, we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
 
I was looking at the cookbook the other night and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman--who knows me better than I know myself (this happened to be a question on the Friday Friend forum once---does your spouse/partner know you better than you know yourself?)--said,  "you'll never, EVER do that."

WELL---maybe I'll show him!  Maybe I will.
 
Which brings me to this... recipe #85
 
April's
Easy Pork Tacos
 
 

 
This is SO GOOD.  And so Easy.  And...well, so good!
I love pork and I love putting things in tortillas.
After cooking all day the pork really does just fall apart so the shredding is easy, and you don't need any salsa because the peppers give it just the right amount of spice.


April's Easy Pork Tacos
April Cain
Winnemucca, NV
 
1 pork shoulder roast
2 jars pepperocinis (I only used one)
warm corn or flour tortillas
 
Put roast and peppers (with juice) in crock pot.
Cook all day on low.
Shred pork and put back in crockpot with the peppers.
Put into warm tortillas and Eat!
 
 


I have tagged April 15 times in my blog!  But I do believe that this is only her 2nd time in the cookbook countdown.
April and Doug are retired now.
Shelly and I HATE IT.    Seriously, we do.  We can't keep track of her anymore.
She always used to be right where she was supposed to... now, she goes gallivanting off with Doug at a moment's notice.  A month at the Oregon Coast. Okay.
But when she says they are going to CA for a few days and doesn't come back for two weeks?!!
This has got to stop!
What if we want to do lunch at a moment's notice?
Noooo-- she's off on a motorcycle trip!
There is also something 'not fair' about this!
I'm still at my desk.  Shelly's still at her desk.
Not fair!!
 
Okay, now that I've whined, I will tell you another fun fact about April.
She is a HOOKER!!
And you know we live in Nevada.   It's legal!
She is a natural at it too.
She invited me to be a hooker too, and I go because my daughter-in-law likes to hook and she's a bit shy, so I am like the 'mother' hooker, but it started with April.
 
Don't be shocked----but here is a photo of her--hooking --while she was camping.
(and there's another thing she and Doug are off doing without us!!)
 
 
HOOKER!!
(fine!  It's a knitting and crocheting group--sigh)
 
Now even tho I go to Hookers with April, I  don't know how to knit or crochet.
I bought some needles and yarn tho...to make a dish cloth.
But April posted this photo on facebook!
and she said:
For a few years now, I have been very lucky to be with a group a wonderful ladies called the "Happy Hookers" Don't jump to conclusion folks...these ladies crochet & knit! I crochet cute little projects like butterflies & anything created from granny squares. But these ladies are KNITTERS- I don't knit! Because I think the world of my fellow hookers, on my camping trip by the fire and my HOW TO Book, I am knitting a DISHCLOTH. I am so proud of my not so square & a bit bumpy project!
 
And I wrote:
 
Debbie Stone SERIOUSLY???? This was our together project!
 
And Shelly said: (the three of us do lunch every week! Or--we did --until---the RETIREMENT!!)
Shelly Cass Noble You had a together project? You're kind of scaring me.
 
April never really answered me as to why she was hooking without me.  She just laughed.   I wonder why? 
I'll probably never learn to hook now.
I depend on Jessica (my DIL) to do my knitting for me.  Slippers please.
Shelly you can come hook with us anytime.
 
 
April.
Hooker.
Motorcycle rider.
Waterfall see-er.
Adventurer.
Retired.
 










2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Our nephew loves tacos so I may have to try that while he's here.

Stefanie said...

These pork tacos look yummy. April rocks!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...