Saturday, March 4, 2017

Friday Friend Recipe #120-- Judy's Lazy Sauce


Friday Friend Recipe #120 -- Judy's lazy sauce
Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.
What is the Friday Friend cookbook: I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends (from all over the county). At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 15 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions, exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts, had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.
 
AND, we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
 
I was looking at the cookbook the other night and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman--who knows me better than I know myself (this happened to be a question on the Friday Friend forum once---does your spouse/partner know you better than you know yourself?)--said,  "you'll never, EVER do that."

WELL---maybe I'll show him!  Maybe I will.
 
Which brings me to this... recipe #120
 
Judy's:
Judy's Lazy Sauce




Describing spaghetti sauces is hard--there are about 15 recipes for sauce in the FF cookbook. 
And the truth is--I really like them all.
I'm kind of at a loss for adjectives to describe spaghetti.
This is really good!
I've used "really" and "good" before, but it's the truth!
Why go to all the trouble of simmering sauce all day when this fast and easy 'lazy' sauce tastes just as good?










This is Judy's 2nd appearance in the countdown.  Her last recipe was #74, the famous "great" margarita!  (which would pair perfectly with this spaghetti by the way.)

Let me first say that the Friday Friends, as well as politics, make strange bedfellows.
Not to say that my friends are strange, BUT this photo is from my son's wedding and I am pictured between 2 Friday Friends who didn't know each other before.
(the Friday friends was originally a forum of questions and answers that I would ask and compile from my friends and family from all over the place)
Judy is on the right and that's Theda on the left.
There were no formal seating arrangements for the reception-- I think I just grabbed these 2 out of towners and said,  "sit here!"  "be friends now, because you are a couple of my most favorite people in the whole world."
And they did!



Judy is a doer.  I'm kind of a non-doer.
Whereas she is the kind who is beautiful and ready to begin her day the moment she walks out of her bedroom in the morning, I am more of the sloucher, sitting around in  jammies, drinking  coffee kind. (to be fair, I get up and slouch around at 5, so I CAN be ready for the day by 7:30ish if I have to)
One day Judy called me up (we lived in California at the time) and said, come over here, we're doing a craft today.
I said okay, I'll come watch you do your craft and drink wine or something (I'm very good at that) but when I got there, she MADE ME do a craft with her.  And you know what?  It was very fun and cute -- we did puff craft paint on T-shirts --and it wasn't all that hard for me!
Judy made me get out of my box--and I was okay! 
We make a good pair.
I'm sure we had margaritas that afternoon...and chips and salsa (from Espana's).  I can't remember for sure, but now that sounds really, really, REALLY good.
A nice evening with Judy sounds good too right now.
Sometimes I hate the miles that separate me from my favorite people.



The Handyman and I joined  Judy and Duane and Theda and John at their table when we  finally sat down and ate.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great memory you have of all these events you went to with friends. I made a slow cooker spaghetti sauce, a recipe made before in the past. My crew loved it. I actually enjoyed it a lot momre than our usual favorite tomato basil sauce from TJ's.

Tina said...

I could murder a plate of pasta, it's one of my favorites.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...