Saturday, May 12, 2018

Chocolate Chip Cookies -- Again!


I am so mad at myself!!
Remember that I was trying to find the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe?  Buttery, crispy and chewy?  And that I found it right away and it was my mom's recipe--in which she used no butter?  Shortening only!  Okay, that's kind of funny -- but in discovering the best chocolate cookie recipe I slowed down... way WAY down in making my way thru this cookbook:
(as well as my own personal collection of chocolate chip cookie recipes that people have given me/swear by)


So today I was going to get back on track-- I knew I had some photos of a cookie in my drafts -- two cookies to be exact.  I compared and contrasted two different cookies from this book.  Funny thing is, I didn't mark anything or make any notes and it's been so long I don't know which two I made!  I have a vague recollection of one of the recipes, but... ??  I certainly can't use a vague recollection or pretend I remember.  Which means these photos are USELESS! And I have to start from scratch again.

Just look at these photos tho.  I find it amazing that by taking the same basic ingredients and doing some mixing and matching, cookies can come out so differently. Crunchy and hard, chewy and soft, crispy and chewy and buttery.

I'm off now---off to make some chocolate chip cookies!
I better take notes... before I forget.














1 comment:

Stefanie said...

I agree; there are so many recipes out there with slight variations. The last batch I had made were Bobby Flay's that had chopped chocolate in it.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...