Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Friday Friend Recipes #196 and #197 -- Layered Tostada Bake and Stuffed Potato Boats









Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.

What is the Friday Friend cookbook? I had about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends (from all over the county). At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 18 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions, exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts, had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday. (plus so much more....)

AND, we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
I was looking at the cookbook the other night and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman--who knows me better than I know myself (this happened to be a question on the Friday Friend forum once---does your spouse/partner know you better than you know yourself?)--said,  "you'll never, EVER do that."

WELL---maybe I'll show him!  Maybe I will.

Which brings me to this... recipes #196 and #197
Barb's Layered Tostada Bake and Stuffed Potato Boats



I hadn't purchased Bisquick in years---not until I started making Barb's recipes for this cookbook countdown. 😊
This is a great tasting casserole tho --  cheese and taco seasoned beef? What could be bad?
NOTHING, that's what. 
Go-ahead and make it and see.
Then you'll have a box of Bisquick in  your pantry too.
(just giving a shout-out tease to Barb! Bisquick does have many good recipes. But seriously?  I now have a 'bisquick' tag to find these recipes quickly.)


The picture I took of the recipe is crooked!  I was trying to avoid 2 things:   a shadow and typing it all out. 







Stuffed potato boats---that's what she called them.  I make something similar and call them 2x baked potatoes. 
 PoTAYto  PoTAHto?  ToMAYto ToMAHto?
Let's call the whole thing off!

These are really good!










Let me do some explaining here:
We all have our quirks, right?
It is a known fact that I don't like certain words.  I just don't.
I don't like slang words for sex.
There!  I said sex on my blog!
Oh  my gosh... I said sex on my blog!

I hate it when people say 'turned on', as in 'he turned me onto.." (whatever you want to insert)  I hate it because it has a sex vibe.
I truly cringe when people use that phrase.

I hate when people say  "hump day" because...well  you know that story right?  My 15 year old son knew  my brother and his wife were trying to have a baby and when my son was in the car with his aunt, she said 'It's hump day' and he came home and said,  'WHY MOM? WHY?  Why would Aunt Sylvia inform me of what they were doing  today"
He had never heard the term hump day before.

I don't know how they FFF (Friday Friend Forum) got on the subject of my hatred of certain terminology … but they did.....


Oh wait! You are probably going to wonder about the men.  I had 3 different Forums---my Friday friends, who were privy to everything,  the petites (their daughters once they turned 18 or 19), who were privy to most everything and then a group called 'my men' which consisted of their husbands, boyfriends, sons and partners.  They liked to throw their 2 cents in every once in a while --  and because this conversation can remotely be related to sex... well, they threw their 2 cents in!!
...and here is a sample of that day's conversation, 

My husband the Handyman:



And Barb's son Mike, chimed in with the most romantic pick up line ever!!



And then... Barb comments on her son's romantic nature!


Take notice of that coincidence tho! Hysterical!  The computer wanted to change Mike's last name to erotic. 

Oh, and just for your information,  Coreen did not stick around.  Neither Mike's words of love (see above) , nor his family's hard work, did the trick.

Maybe it was because of Mike's distrust of cameras?! 
He is the hardest person in the world to get a photo of.
And little does he know--he's now blasted all over for the world to see -- If the world saw my blog that is.  And since only 3 people ever look at it-- I safe in assuming he too is safe.
He's still incognito! 



He's a game player like his mom...and speaking of Barb, because these are her recipes, I should stick in a photo of her, right?
Or maybe a photo of what Mike sent to her this past mother's day.

He has a house on the beach and when taking a walk, he wrote his mother a sentiment for the day.
He calls her Barb.  It started out as a joke about 30  years ago and she ignored him--you know how you're not supposed to get all riled up when your kids are testing you, right?
Since she has not gotten riled up yet, he still calls her Barb.




This is recipe #48 and #49 for Barb.
You can see all of her recipes here--just click.

And that my friends is the naughtiest story I've ever told on my blog!!!



1 comment:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...