Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Friday friend recipes #270 and 271 Pineapple Millionaire Pie and Angel Chicken




Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.

What is the Friday Friend cookbook? I once had about 50 of my closest friends and family (from all over the county) on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends . At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 21 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions, exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts, had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday. (plus so much more....)

AND, we contributed recipes for a cookbook.



I was looking at the cookbook the other night and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman--who thinks he knows me better than I know myself (this happened to be a question on the Friday Friend forum once---does your spouse/partner know you better than you know yourself?)--said,  "you'll never, EVER do that."

WELL---maybe I'll show him!  Maybe I will.


Which brings me to this... recipes #270 and 271

Ashley's Pineapple Millionaire Pie and Angel Chicken





This pie is so  yummy!
I sometimes wonder about raw eggs tho, so I looked it up and as long as they are pasteurized they are fine.  (which if  you purchase them from a grocery store they are pasteurized)
And just a fun fact--did you know that the U.S.  and maybe Canada(?) are the only places who refrigerate our eggs?  The rest of the world leave them in a cute little egg basket on their counter to be used as needed.

BUT BACK TO THE YUMMY...
When I posted a photo of this on Facebook, Ashley commented:
One of my favorites, that recipe is my Mamaw’s but originally from Furr’s Cafeteria a chain that used to be in Texas, I can remember going there when we’d go back to visit.

Your Mamaw had great taste Ashley!  It's soooo good!




And the Angel Chicken?
Mmmmmmm---so good.
I need to broaden my food description repertoire, because 'Oh Yummy" and "Mmmmm good" are getting overuse here in the Friday Friend Cookbook Countdown.
Oh well--there is a reason for that.  Because--it's true! 

This chicken tho--it's super easy made with ingredients most of us have on hand and you can put it on around lunch time and then you don't have to think about it again.
It's really yummy. 😉







A little glass of read wine goes great with this dish.


I have lost count of how many recipes each person has posted here.  I began with one recipe, one story, one (or 5) photos, but now I am doing 2 recipes at a time and am running low on the stories.
I feel it's because I am getting older (by the moment) and my brain is not working as well as it used to.  I mean these are friends whom I love and I have had fantastic times with--we've shared meals (the whole point of this cookbook countdown, right?) and wine and good times.
Ashley and I have done a few college courses together (we're great partners) and read a few books together (she started one of my book clubs 20 years ago--she has since moved away, but here I stay, in charge of the book club now), we've cooked together, eaten together, spent a Christmas Eve or two together (she hosts an open house), but out of all the things I can remember and smile about, when thinking about a story of her for this post---
I decided, since MS Awareness Weeks is coming up, that it is appropriate to tell you that she has MS.
Multiple Sclerosis





 MS Awareness Week  will run from 19-25 April.  Altho there are varying dates and times on the internet (some say March some say April).  I decided that no  matter when, this is  a great chance to raise awareness of multiple sclerosis, and spread the word: #ThisIsMS.

I figure it's ALWAYS a good time to be aware and a good way to help out is by supporting a walk in your area.
I mean Hello!?  Walking is good for you no matter what and by helping to raise awareness and maybe some funds for a good cause?  It's a good thing to do. Look for a walk in your area. 
It's fun an for a good cause.
I said that already, but it needs repeating. 

Back to Ashley.  She's doing great.  She has a very positive attitude and is very proactive in dealing with her MS.
I mean --check out this fashion statement!
Look at this Tutu!
She does the MS walk in this Tutu AND she waits tables in one of her 5 restaurants during MS Awareness week in this Tutu.  She donates all tips to the MS Foundation.
Looking so cute like that--she must get some good tips!

LOOK!  I brought this back around to food!  
She owns restaurants with her husband now, but back in the beginning, when I first knew here, she just liked to cook.
And she was good at it too!
Just check out all her recipes in the Friday Friend Cookbook.
Click here to see all her great dishes!

That's my story!











And this my friends are

recipes #270 and 271

Only 96 left to go!

I can do it!

WOO HOO!  I am below 100 recipes now.  Yay!  Yahoo! Whoopie!

Altho.... do you remember when I counted wrong before?  I think I did it again.
I keep counting what I have left by recipe AND by person and it does not add up to 96-- it's more like 83. 
Which would make me very happy, but for now....I'll stick to the 96 until it gets closer to the end and I'll recount what I have left

No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...