Thursday, February 17, 2022

Friday Friend recipes #304 and #305 Broccoli Casserole and Broccoli Casserole

 


Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.

What is the Friday Friend cookbook? I once had about 50 of my closest friends and family (from all over the county) on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends. At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 21 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions, exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts, had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday. (plus so much more....)

AND, we contributed recipes for a cookbook.


I was looking at the cookbook the other night and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman--who thinks he knows me better than I know myself (this happened to be a question on the Friday Friend forum once---does your spouse/partner know you better than you know yourself? Said, "you'll never, EVER do that."
WELL---maybe I'll show him!  Maybe I will.


Which brings me to these... recipes #304 and #305

Barb and Traci's Broccoli Casseroles





Oops!  I cut off Barb's directions.
I am posting them together because they are 'almost' identical, so almost identical in fact, that you can figure out the directions of Barb's recipe from Traci's. Right?
Also... you can compare these two to my mom's rice and broccoli
here (just click)


They are both good. (all three actually)
As you can see, I made them both on the same day-- we had broccoli and rice for lunch one day (and then dinner and then lunch again the next day)
This Broccoli Rice Casserole is very cheesy and delicious.







So... Barb and Traci. 


Traci and Barb.


If you recall from the last post I did (click here),
we, on the Friday Friend Forum used to betroth our children. 
We thought it was great fun!
We had high hopes (and if you read the last post I did, we still have some hope--never say never) with Barb's daughter and Traci's son!  Very high hopes!
We would plan the wedding and the family get-togethers.
We betrothed them 15 years ago--- but look what they went and did!

They went and married OTHER people and had cute little families!!



All our plans for naught!
What went wrong?  Their mother's cook the same things AND they were both Brownies and sold girl scout cookies and eat girl scout cookies.
And they both love to read.
They had so much in common.  It's a shame.

But you know what?
They all turned out pretty cute.  Look at those little baby faces!
I guess it's okay.

Short story. 😃
But I'm sticking to it.


recipe #304 and 305

Only 62 left to go!

I can do it!

WOO HOO!  I am below 75 recipes now.  Yay!  Yahoo! Whoopie!

Altho.... do you remember when I counted wrong before?  I think I did it again.
I keep counting what I have left by recipe AND by person and it does not add up to 62- it's more like 55. 
Which would make me very happy, but for now.... I'll stick to the 62 until it gets closer to the end, and I'll recount what I have left.






No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...